Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here--

"One of the best feelings in the world is when you hug someone you love, and they hug you back even tighter." - Love Quotes Images app

Xander's POV

"We went to her doctor the other day. Her MRI result was normal and also her EEG. The doctor said she's fine but she needs more time to recover. She suffered severe depression that causes her memory loss."

"Really? I don't know that there's such thing as that." My brother Franco said. We just finished our business meeting with the Italian investors.

 "There is. A condition called dissociative amnesia."

"Well, good luck brother. I know this is hard for you."

"It is. It breaks my heart seeing her this way. She became a totally different person. So daring and outspoken. She even loves to provoke me, testing my patience."

Franco laughed. "Did you ever think that she's just acting?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like she's not having an amnesia at all. She's just pretending to forget everything. You in particular."

The thought made me stop for a while. "For what reason?"

"Hmm... maybe to get back at you?"

"What for? I haven't done anything to hurt her."

"Are you sure?"

"I never stop loving her, she's everything to me. I showed her all my love and I know it was enough."

"What if..."

"Stop it, Franco. I know Mia, she's not like that."

"Okay fine." Franco looked at his watch. "Come on. It's time to join the men. Manuel have the hotel bar closed for us tonight. Time to celebrate the deal, man."

"No, I'm going home. I can't leave Mia alone."

Franco chuckled. "Whoah! Is that you talking Xander? You used to leave Mia alone in the house on weekends. She'll be fine with it."

"I can't. Not anymore."

"Why, because she's different now?"

"No. Not just that."

"I think you're worried with her personality change. But think of it man, she's still Mia. She usually understands you. She always does. The sweet, understanding, caring and submissive Mia. She just lost her memories, but still, she's the same."

"NO." I shook my head and leaned my back on my chair. "I love her and I want to be with her as soon as I can. You don't know how I feel working my ass here, trying to concentrate on the business but my mind won't stop thinking of her. I'm worried about her. I want to know what she's doing, what she's thinking and what she's feeling."

Franco looked at me strangely. "Damn, man. That's serious."

"Yeah. I'm afraid of losing her again. I want to make up for the things I've done to her. To make a fresh start."

"Okay. If that's what you want." He exhaled heavily.

"Thanks, bro."

"You're lucky that she has an amnesia. She can't remember the way you behaved before." Franco stood up and left the room.