Chapter 1

"Miss Alice, are you ready to go to the train station," I heard Sehun yell from down the hall.
"Of course!" I yelled from upstairs and rushed to the door.
I stared at Sehun and the other guards who all had suitcases," what are you doing?"
Sehun grinned," did Lady Madison not tell you? She enrolled us in Hogwarts."
I stared at him," don't lie Sehun."
His second-in-command, who's name I learned was Xuimin, sighed," he's not lying. We have to attend school with you. Lady Madison pulled strings to make sure we're by your side always. Sehun will never leave your side."
    Sehun smiled," I'm in all of your classes and if I'm lucky, I'll get into Slytherin."
    I looked down," I don't want you in Slytherin."
    He sighed sadly," why? We were meant to be together, right? You should enjoy me being around."
    I looked at him and I knew my face was red," I'm not meant to be with you. I'm with Wonwoo! Get it through your head!"
    I walked out and sat in the car and talked to myself quietly," who does he think he is? Why would I ever want to be with? I really like Wonwoo."
     I looked up as the car door open and Tao climbed in next to me," oh hello Miss Alice."
    I sighed," just call me Alice, Tao. You seem to act like the best behaved one out of the group."
    He laughed," I think D.O's the best behaved. He doesn't talk much."
    I nodded," true."
    He looked over," don't get so worked up with Sehun. He's trying so hard to make this reasonably less awkward. He said he wouldn't talk to you at school if that's what you wanted."
    I looked up at him," why is trying so hard?"
     Tao bit his lip," I think Sehun likes you. He uses that whole 'meant to be together' to try to tell you. He has a lot of mixed emotions towards Wonwoo. I know that for sure."
     I frown," what about you?"
     Tao shrugged," I didn't really grow up with you. I was raised to protect you and Madison gave us an amazing life. Madison is like my mom so in a way, you're like a sister. A little sister who I wouldn't mind getting a better-"
    He stopped talking when the door opened. 
     Sehun stared at him with an angered face," getting a better what, Tao?"
     Tao chuckled and looked away," nothing."
     Sehun nodded," I thought so."
     Tao looked up and nudged me towards Sehun.
     I frowned and looked up at him," I'm sorry for yelling at you."
     He sat down beside me with a sign," don't worry about it. I'm sorry for talking about what our mothers wanted. I know how you feel about Wonwoo."
     I looked up at him with an awkward face," actually... It's not the idea that bothers me it's-"
     He looked over so fast," it's not?"
    I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away lightly," yeah. I think it's the fact that I don't want people to think they know who I'm meant to be with."
    He smiled widely and tease his lip with his teeth," good to know."
    I leaned back and bounced in my seat," I'm so excited to see Wonwoo."
    Sehun stared at me," I never understood his appeal."
     I stared with my mouth ajar," what's there to not understand. He's so sweet and funny and he's so ho-"
     Sehun's hand covered my mouth," please. Don't speak about him in that way to me."
     I frowned," sorry."
     Sehun looked down at his book," by the way, has Wonwoo taken your innocence?"
      Tao looked up," Sehun, what the hell?"
    I stared at him," what? No!"
    Sehun didn't look up but grinned," good. I don't want his filthy hands on you."
     I smacked him," don't be rude, Sehun!"
     He shrugged," how am I supposed to know that Wonwoo isn't in league with Ezra?"
    I growled," don't ever suggest that."
    Tao frowned," Sehun, we're crossing borders that shouldn't be crossed."
     I looked up at Sehun," Tao's right."
     The chauffeur pulled up at the train station and we all unloaded our stuff. It took a few minutes for the other cars with the rest of the guards to show up, but they made it on time.
     We piled into two different cabins in the train and I waited for Leila, Elena, Jackson, and Wonwoo. I managed to get all the boys into a different cabin except for Sehun.
     He groaned as I asked him to leave," no. You're mother assigned me to your side at all times. I'm not leaving."
     So now we sat in the cabin awkwardly until the others showed up. Elena and Leila showed up together.
    Elena smiled at Sehun," oh hey super hot guard."
    He returned the smile with a more flirt one," it's Sehun, but thanks for calling me hot."
    I groaned," let's stop this. Sehun you're doing it again."
    He smiled down at me," is it working?"
    I looked away," it's never worked before and it won't now."
    Leila stared at me," what's he doing?"
    Sehun chuckled," trying to make her jealous."
    Leila frowned," but she's dating Wonwoo. She won't get jealous that easily."
    Elena shushed her," I mean, Leila, if someone that hot lives with you and protects you, you have to have feelings for them. Sehun, do you have abs?"
     He smirked happily," want to check?"
     Elena would've be happy to oblige but I interrupted her," can we stop?"
     She groaned," afraid that if you see him topless you'll forget about Wonwoo?"
     I rolled my eyes," as if he could change how I feel about Wonwoo."
     I looked up to see Wonwoo open the cabin. Unlike last year, I wasn't greeted harshly. I got up and rushed into his arms, knocking his bags on the floor.
    He hugged my tightly and buries his face in my hair," I missed you so much."
     Elena hit my thigh and I turned around to yell but she cut me off," I think you should stop."
     I noticed she was pointing to Sehun. I looked over at him to see that he was obviously pissed. His pencil had snapped in half between his fingers and his eyebrows were furrowed.
    I sighed and sat down between him and Wonwoo. Sehun wouldn't look at me and for some reason it bothered me. After Suga's death, I spent the time between school years alone at home with my guards. I had gotten used to be with them. Being with only one of them and him not talking to me had started to get to me. It wasn't like Sehun was any better than the others. In complete honestly, Tao and Baekhyun were definitely my favorites.
Baekhyun was a kind guy. He wasn't super tall like Chanyeol or Sehun or Kai, but he was cool. His magic was limited in the group, but in hand-to-hand combat, Baekhyun was always the winner. Tao was a lot like him. The difference was that Tao was tall. He was taller than Sehun. Tao, however, was amazing in martial arts. Him and Baekhyun both did different martial arts. In any hand-to-hand situation, I knew I could rely on them.
My mother was particularly happy with this. She knew how well I had taken to the guys and had hoped I would form an Immortality bond with them. I had tried to refuse the idea seeing as how the only sure way for it to work is through a kiss or intimacy. My bond to Sehun was short. It was formed from us growing up, but it wasn't stable. Jun, Wonwoo, and Jungkook had stable bonds to me.
My mother wanted me to kiss all seven guards before Ezra's next attack but I wasn't willing to. I knew that it was the only way to be safe in our situation, but I didn't want to betray Wonwoo. If it were to come down to it, I would have to. Tao and Baekhyun were the two I was willing to bond myself to. Sehun was the last person I would want to.
    I smiled as the door opened and Tao leaned in," Sehun, how about you and I trade off?"
    Sehun glanced up and scoffed," no. Go back to your cabin, Tao."
    I looked up at Sehun," please."
    He sighed and looked down," absolutely not. I am the one who's meant to stay by your side whether you want me here or not."
    I frowned," sorry Tao. I would've rather had you here than him."
    He just laughed," you two know each other better than the rest of us. Just treat each other the way you did before."  
     Sehun chuckled and looked up at Tao," she wouldn't willingly go back to that. Just trade with me, Tao." 
     Sehun got up and shoved his way past Tao. It didn't take long for him to take his seat with a sigh.
     Tao smiled at me," he's such a downer."
     I looked up at the door," why's he acting so different. He was so nice and fun over the break."
    Tao sighed," Sehun wanted you to stay in the safety house. He was the reason we kept you there without your friends. He thought the safety house was the only place he could protect you. He trusts Elena and Leila, but Wonwoo..."
     I nodded," I see.."
    Wonwoo stared at him," why doesn't he like me?"
    Tao laughed nervously," I'm not allowed to get into that."
     I laid my head on Wonwoo," he'll get over it."
     Tao laughed," you better hope he does."
     Jackson joined us after a while. The ride to Hogwarts was slow and I dreaded the beginning process again. Jackson didn't seem to mind, but everyone else was in agony. Tao was just looking forward to being on solid ground.
     When we arrived, I was dragged away from Wonwoo by Sehun and places in the middle of my guards. Tao and Baekhyun stayed by my sides the whole time while the others filed in.
   As we walked in I heard girls giggling around me," wow, they're all so hot"." Who's the cute blonde in the front?" "They look like models."
    I groaned and grabbed Tao's arm," these girls are disgusting."
   He laughed," not ready to share us yet Miss Alice?"
    I glanced up at him," who said I ever planned on sharing? I'm not letting you or Baekhyun out of my sight."
    He smiled," what if we're placed in different houses?"
    I frowned," don't say that."
    He chuckled at me," well it's obvious that Baekhyun will be Griffindor. I'm not too sure about the rest of us. I assume Sehun will be Slytherin."
    I groan and roll my eyes," don't say that."
Tao shook his head," can you two attempt to get along?"
I looked up just as Sehun pulled me to his side," stay up here."
I groaned," why?"
He sighed," I don't like these girls looking at me. They're eyes are feeding their inappropriate minds."
I raised an eyebrow," how am I supposed to fix it?"
He shrugged," if I have a girl with me maybe they'll stop."
     I scoffed," not likely. They all know I'm with Wonwoo."
     Sehun grabbed me and yanked me to him," stop acting like Wonwoo is the only guy you've ever loved. He's not and you don't even love him."
     I stared at him," let go. You don't get to decided who I love. That's my job!"
     He growled and held me in my spot," and my job is to protect you! Stop acting so high and mighty! Wonwoo can't protect you! He didn't stop Ezra from killing you! I did!"
     Sehun's whole face had turned red," dammit! You're so frustrating! When will you understand why I act like this! It pisses me off so much. How can a girl so smart be so dumb? Seriously Alice."
     I frowned and looked down. His words hurt. I knew it upset him, but he was right. He did so much to keep me safe and I was so pissed at him for no reason.
     He frowned and let go," you know what? Whatever. Go."
     I grabbed his hand as he began to walk away," wait... Sehun."
     I knew tears were about to fall, but I had to apologize. I stared at his broad back as he sighed.
    He barely looked over his shoulder," yeah?"
    I sniffled lightly," I-I'm sorry. You're right. It was you who saved me. The least I could do is acknowledge that."
     He turned around and his hard scowl had turned to something gentler. He reached up and wiped a tear.
    He chuckled lightly," no wonder Wonwoo hates me. All I do is make you cry then try to fix it. I'm pretty lame, huh?"
     I nodded," yep. Maybe you shouldn't make me cry."
     He turns sideways and extends his bicep with a laugh," hit me."
    I stared at him," what?"
    He laughed," hit me. Come on. I deserve it."
    I smiled and punched him as hard as I could. He groaned over dramatically and clutched his arm. I couldn't help but laugh. Despite the playful act, we were both still pissed at each other. In less than hour we'd be bickering again. Sehun could act like my words didn't bother him the way they bothered me. I knew better than that.
Sehun didn't like when I treated Wonwoo better than him. Sehun did save me from Ezra, but Wonwoo was always there for me. Sehun being here made things difficult for me. All I could hope is that he ended up in a different house.
The boy stood around me as JYP announced the sorting hat ceremony again. They were all lined up, ready to be given their houses.
Baekhyun was first and as expected, he was Griffindor. What was expected was Kai going to Griffindor with him. Chanyeol was third and was chosen for Hufflepuff. Fourth was Xuimin. He was decided to be in Ravenclaw. Fifth was Tao, who, thankfully, ended up in Slytherin. Sixth was D.O, who was also Ravenclaw.
Last was Sehun. He smirked as the sorting hat was placed upon his head. Almost instantly, the sorting hat decided. It was quick.
The sorting hat yelled loud enough for everyone to hear," Slytherin!"
I felt my soul die at the word. Sehun smiled down at me as he walked over.
He smile was full of mischievous happiness," so, you, Tao, and I will all be together. Not like we'll have all the same classes or anything."
Tao sighed," I forgot to tell you. You will have two of us in every class. One person will change every period, but.."
I frowned," Sehun is going go be in every class I have?"
Tao nodded," yeah..."
I looked up at Sehun and groaned," so much for enjoying this year. I'm never getting away from you."
    He nodded," seems like you're stuck with me."
    Tao patted my head gently," at least you have Wonwoo."
   I nodded," that's true. I also have you, Zitao."
    He laughed cutely," you never call me by my full name."
    I shrugged," I don't, but I like it."
   He smiled happily and me awkward compliment," you're a sweet girl, Alice."
Sehun groaned," can we drop the whole 'Alice is perfect' routine? It's disgusting."
Tao rolled his eyes," it's called being her friend, Sehun. Maybe you should try it."
He scoffed with a smile," she won't be my friend. She's scared."
Tao sighed," what would she have to be afraid of Sehun?"
He looked over at me and grinned," she's afraid that dropping her guard and letting me in will bring up old emotions. That her 'perfect relationship' with Wonwoo will fade. She'll stop loving him because I'm here. She can't handle the thought of me sneaking into her life and turning it upside down. Am I right?"
I growled and clenched my fists," stop acting like you know everything! This is why I don't want you here! You bring up things that are irrelevant and you know aren't true. You have to stir the pot, don't you? I'm sick of it."
I stormed off into the crowd of students in hopes of losing my guards. I realized I had underestimated them when I ran into D.O.
He glanced up," Lady Alice? What's wrong? Is it Sehun?"
I looked down and nodded silently.
He grabbed my forearm lightly," follow me please."
He led me down a hallway to an empty corridor," now. What happened?"
I sighed and unclenched my fists," Sehun says he acts the way he acts because I won't be his friend. He thinks I won't let him into my life because of 'hidden feelings' for him."
D.O. nodded and then sighed," ok. I'm going to tell you this because you two are both so stubborn neither will notice. Sehun cares about you. He envies your relationship with Wonwoo. What you two have, he wants. Sehun really likes you. He nust won't admit it."
I raised an eyebrow," you're funny."
D.O. stared at me," I think having Sehun around you is the best option. Sehun wouldn't let anyone touch a hair on your head if he thought they would hurt you. It's sweet, but aggravating. Especially from my view."
I laughed at D.O.," well, I don't believe you, but it cheered me up. Thanks D.O."
He stared at me blankly," what'd I do that was worthy of a thank you?"
I smile and rested my hand on his arm," well, you cheered me up and you made me feel better about Sehun being here. I wish you weren't so quiet. You'd be a lot of fun."
He shrugged," well, I'm here if you need me. So is everyone else. Especially Baekhyun. He's creepily obsessed with you in a sisterly way. It's odd. He really wants you as a sister."
I smiled," he may as well be. He's a lot better than the one I've got."