Chapter 1: The Invitation

Quick Side Note: Blue is Amy's pet bird

Amy's POV:

It's 9 am. I hear my voice command alarm clock bleeping endlessly. After telling it to shut up about 15 times, I loose my patience and wack it into the wall with my piko hammer. Obviously one could tell I'm in a bad mood, but no one gives a crap about me anymore. That's why I moved into a house closer to the forest, farther from society, cuz to be honest it's not like they need me there anyway. I look at the clock completely destroyed on the floor and sigh (that was like..the 10th alarm clock I've bought this month). Ever since my friends started doing things behind my back and excluding me from hangouts on purpose, it's like I've slowly turned into a grumpy mammoth since then...just throwing aside anything in sight away with my big trunk....a big, lonely, sad waste of a mammoth who has been rejected by the only mammoth family it had. I probably sound depressed, and maybe I am, but I completely ignore these feelings and focus on the bordem that's waiting for me in the rest of today. I get out of bed, open the curtains, put on my night robe, and take one last look at the clock before I walk out my room. "What a waste of my rings" I say out loud, and walk out not bothering to pick it up.

I walk into the kitchen and look at my calender. November 24...Thanksgiving Day. I looked away just as quickly as I looked toward it, pulling back the tears. I can't bear the sight of a holiday on that calender anymore...the fact that they knew how much of a holiday girl I am...and how they've left me out like this...it..it.. *sigh*....
I start the coffee maker and take out my 'I ❤ 🗼' mug, sugar container, and set them next to the coffee. Just as I was about to open the window curtains, I heard a knock on the door. "It's probably Lily" I said to myself. I opened the door, but there was nobody there. Is this some kind of prank? I noticed that the handle on my mailbox was up. I have never been this happy to get mail in my life because I haven't gotten mail since I had friends!(a.n: wow..I just realized how sad that sounded) I ran to the mailbox and took out the small orange card with a turkey on it. Honesty I was a bit confused, was it a turkey advertisement of some kind? Suddenly, I heard a noise coming from nearby trees, or bushes, or whatever it is that sounded like leaves. I searched to see if it was Lily, but the noises stoped when I got closer to the bushes. Maybe someone's lost or something? I tried shouting, but there was no response. After half an hour of looking like some psycho calling out to nature, I gave up, went back to close the mailbox and back inside the house and served myself some coffee. As I'm drinking, I look at every corner and angle of this cute little card. All it had was the little turkey; no signature, no address, no stamp, no nothing! Why?

Just as I was about to open the card, the phone rang in the living room. Mail AND a phone call? Could this be my lucky day?! I ran into the living room and picked up the phone:
"Hello??"
"Hey Amy, it's Rouge"
"Oh. Hi Rouge..."
The thing about Rouge, she's bipolar with me. We could chat like we're BFFS for like..a few days (?) And then I won't hear from her for almost a year! At this point, I don't really trust her..but hey, anything for someone you can talk to..even if it is for just a few days.
"So pinky, are you coming to the party?"
"What party?"
"What do you mean, 'what party'? You got the invitation, didn't you?"
I turned back to the kitchen counter to see the still perfectly sealed little card with the turkey on it. Could that be the invitation?
"Hold on."
"Hm?"
"Is the invitation that cute little card with the turkey on it?"
"Yep, that's the one."
I grab the card and opened it. It said:
-YOURE INVITED TO:
THANKSGIVING DINNER
-AT:
TAILS' HOUSE , 7:30 p.m.
SEE YOU THERE!!
"Oh..."
"Well? Are you coming or not?"
"Ummm...""
I took a minute to think it through. This could be my big chance! I could actually have friends again! But what will they think of me when I get there? What will they say? What if there's no party at all? That it's all a prank and Rouge is helping them get away with it and have them laugh at me?! Ughh.....You know what? I don't even know why I'm overthinking this so much. I don't care what they think! I'm going to this party whether the invitation is true or not! Even if i do still have my doubts...
"Are you going?"
"Well duh! I wouldn't have asked you if I wasn't!"
"Whatever...and these invitations are real?"
"What in Chaos are you talking about, Amy?! *Sigh* Look, Cream payed me a visit today with a bag full of invitations. We chated for a bit and off she went delivering the rest of the invitations. I was in town a few minutes ago buying some of the latest jewelery brands at PRECIOUS STONE. And as you already know, I always pass by Tails' house when I'm going shopping, and I saw Cosmo and Tikal walking in with loads of grocery bags as well as Tails and Sonic. So, based on what I've seen, there is a real party happening in a few hours if that's what you wanted to hear."
"I don't know Rouge... you know I'm not 'part of it' anymore. I don't want to deal with more than I already have..."
"I don't judge you Amy. And I want you to come..would it make it any better if we went together?"
"*Sigh* Fine...I'll go. Pick me up at 6?"
"Alright. Umm...quick question: my car's jacked up so Knukie's picking me up. Do you mind if I come to your place and have him pick us up at the same time? I'll tell him the time."
"That's fine with me. Come by whenever you're ready."
"Ok. See you later darling."
"Bye."
I hung up the phone. Well, that just happened. I go upstairs to get dressed. To be honest, what could go wrong?