Chapter 4: Shadow?

Amy's POV:

"Shadow? What are you doing here? In fact, how do you know where I live?"
He slowly turns his head away blushing and closed his eyes.
"How about you cover up and then I'll answer questions?"
"What?"
I looked down and quickly ran inside. I completely forgot what I was wearing and literally just grabbed a sweater and some jeggings and went up to the door to open it again.
"So, Shadow. Ready to answer my questions now?"
He shrugged.
"Well, to start off, how do you know I live here?"
"Maybe it's the fact that I live here too?"
Wait...he lives here too? Is he the mystery neighbor?...Well, if he is, I will NOT let him see that I'm literally celebrating inside. If everyone thinks I'm a pain in their butts, then I might as well be one for real.
Why I'm doing it you might ask? Well.....it just so happens that I'm..kinda...sorta....really attracted to him? He's just so mysterious..it makes my heart race for some reason. It's like my taste in guys changed with my taste in environment over the years. From liking Sonic in the city, to liking Shadow in the forest. I find it wierd, but pleasant at the same time for some reason. Oh well.
I looked at him sarcastically confused. "You live HERE?"
I saw the pissed look in his face. I guess he gets annoyed easily. Perfect. He took a deep breath.
"Look, I'm not here to chit chat."
"Ohh really? Because it seemed to me that we were just 'chit chating' about where we live." I said as I poked his chest all sassy. I'm actually enjoying this.
"*tightly closing his teeth* I'm here to simply state a truth."
A truth? What in Chaos us he talking about?
I gave him a suspicious look. If this 'truth' he speaks of is such a big deal to him that it made him go all the way out here just to stand here all pissed and tell me, it must be at least important.
I suddenly saw him scratch the back of his head and look away from me again.
"I came to apologize.."
Apologize? Honey, you ain't done nothin wrong! I let him finish though.
"I saw the fight you had with Sonally earlier at the party..and it was all my fault."
Okay so what if you saw the fight at the - - wait, so it WAS him I saw! Why does he think it's his fault though?
"The thing is...I was the one who put the invitation in your mailbox. I had originally received it, but I didn't really want to go,I'm not a fan of parties to be honest, so I thought of my mystery neighbor and decided to let her into the party and I'll watch over her from outside. I thought that she had a better chance of fitting in." He looked up at me with a guilty face.
I felt myself blush at those words. He gave up his invitation in hopes of me having the greater chance of fitting in?
"I...I..don't know what to say..."
I felt tears slide down my cheeks. I closed my eyes and turned my head away from that thoughtful, gorgeous face. I can't believe he'd do such a thing...it's just..not like I know him..or, remember him at least. It completely ruins his appearance as an independent, mysterious, sexy hunk of a man. I suddenly felt his arms wrapped around my waist and my face against his chest.
*gasp*
"But I now realize how much of a mistake that was. I saw how lonely you were out here and I've been hearing you in your house yell in anger and distress sometimes...I just wanted to shine some light in your life...but that's clearly not what happened tonight."
He hugged me tighter. Am I dreaming?!? I felt the guilt in his heart though, which only made me cry harder.
We stood there for a long time. Basically until I stopped crying. He slowly slid one hand up to my face. I suddenly saw the corner my head was lying against of his shirt completely soaked in tears.
"Oh my goodness! I am soooo sorry!! I'll get you another shirt! A brand new coat in fact! Let me go change and I'll take you to the mall, I know of a men's store that's open 24/7!"
I was going to walk back into the house, but he grabbed my wrist before I could.
"Hold on a sec."
"What?"
He points at his shirt.
"It's just water. It doesn't bother me, promise. I'm not like little Mr and Ms delicate. Besides, I don't want you to waste your rings on a coat just because mine got a little wet."
He walked up close to me once more.
"I deeply apologize for ruining your life more than it already is...I promise to make it up to you."
I smiled. Sure I may have said before that it WAS a mistake going to that dumb party, but I realize I actually gained a lot more than I lost.
"Shadow...this party was never a mistake. I'm actually greatful all this happened."
"What?"
"If it weren't for you, I would've never overcome my overthinking-phobia and I would've never found out Sonic out of all people was the one talking smack about me all along!"
"..."
"...and for that, I thank you, Shadow the Hedgehog..."
I step even closer and give him an assuring tight squeeze. He squeezes back, I think I'm in heaven!!❤
"Still though, this party shouldn't have come out like this for you. I'll drop by tomorrow, ok?"
"Sure!"
We let go...and he slid his hand in my hair to get it out of my face and kissed my forehead. I felt my face get tomato red.
"See ya there, teddy bear"
I gasped. How in Chaos does he know that phrase?!? That's the very same thing I would say to my sister when I was little.
"I feel like I don't even know you anymore..." I said, shivers running down my spine.
He smirked and turned to walk away. The shivers were now giant butterflies, it was uncontrollable! I quickly closed the door behind me. This did not just happen. THIS DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. I'm literally jumping all over the place. I'm screaming in nervouscitedness (nervous-excited-ness). I run upstairs and throw myself on my bed. I grab a pillow and squeeze it tightly.
"Oh my goodness I can't believe I just lived this! I just had the moment of my DREAMS with my crush!!!"
Something tells me I won't be sleeping tonight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hidden in the distace:
Sonic's POV:
*looking through binoculars*
Ahhhh, so Shadamy is a thing now. This is just perfect! Just wait 'till they hear about this! *cheeky laughter*
*sees Shadow kiss Amy's forehead and shivers*
Ugh...what is this feeling? It's like as if I...no! That's impossible, I chose this life, and I will NOT let myself regret it. Especially for a pink traitor like her...
But I'll keep an eye on you Amy Rose. I forbid you from destroying our lives again!
*walks away*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
At Shadow's Place:
Shadow's POV:
I walk inside and turn the lights on. I hang up my coat and change into another shirt and some joggers. After that I sit in my desk and open my laptop. I saw a message from Silver and called through facetime.
"Hello, Shadow. Have you encouraged the victim as according to plan?"
"*girly screams in the distance* I think I've succeeded. I've scheduled an appointment with her at point B on the map."
"Excellent. Operation Save The Rose has officially begun."
"Good. Where are Agents Blaze and Tikal? I haven't heard from them recently."
"They are safe and are attending the Thanksgiving celebration in the household of Tails The Fox. No need to worry, Agent."
"Alright then, I'll report tomorrow after the appointment. I will let notice of any inconvenience if to occur. Shadow out."
"Copy that. Silver out."
I close the laptop and get in bed.
"Amy Rose..."
I look at my phone. 1:45 a.m. I turn on my lamp and look at Amy's files. I add her phone number to my contacts and text her.
- - - - - - -
-Amy Rose? That you?
-Yes,who's this?
-Shadow.
-How in Chaos did you get my number?! Rouge didn't tell you did she?!?
-Don't worry about that right now. Just make sure to wear something comfortable and fit for walking tomorrow. I'm picking you up early, so be ready.
-What time? Is it far where we're going?
-A little. Then again, don't worry about it. Just do as I say and be ready around 8:00 ok?
-Alright then, I'll trust you. Goodnight, Shadow..💖
-Goodnight, Rose
- - - - - - -
"Don't worry Amy, once all this is over, you'll finally get your life back. I promise." And with that, I went to sleep.