Chapter 3: Pitty Party

Amy's POV:

Rouge knocks on the door, and is immediately received by Cosmo.
"Hey, Welocome! Rouge, Knuckles!"
They all smiled...and me? Does she not remember me? I wouldn't blame her if she doesn't, but what if she ignored me on purpose? UGH. There I go overthinking things again...I should really get this checked out.
"Come on in, guys. We're still waiting on a few guests, so feel free to sit in the living room."
Knuckles proudly walked in, and Rouge grabbed my wrist to drag me in.
"C'mon Amy," she said.
"Wait...Amy?"
I turned to see Cosmo's face full of confusion for a few seconds. So she didn't forget me on purpose.
"Uh, yea. Amy got the invitation so I took her as my third wheel."
Of course she'd say I'm a third wheel, not only did it make sense because I was left out so much, but it was also the fact that she cares more about her gullible boyfriend than anyone else (key word there, anyONE. Not anyTHING. Jewels are still her top priority.) I smiled and waved at Cosmo. "Hey, Cosmo."
She looked surprised, but waved back. "Wow...You've uh.. really changed a lot."
"Gee thanks..you too." I replied.
I could tell by the sound of her voice that she wasn't comfortable having me around, and only said I 'changed' to be nice. Why would she feel like that? What could I have done to cause it?
We entered the household. It was huge and beautiful, nothing like I've ever seen before. I saw Cosmo walk up to Tails and 'whispered' near him, although she was loud enough for one to hear.
"Who invited her? She's not on the guest list."
Not on the list? So..does that mean I'm not invited? Maybe the address was mixed up, explaining why the card didnt have one in the first place. Then again, I live in a forest. Who could possibly mix up that kind of address? I was going to walk up to them to ask if everything was okay, but I turned to Rouge as she smiled and gestured me to follow her to the dinning room. As we walked in, I saw a bunch of my frien--I mean, lots of people talking and laughing with drinks in their hands; there was one in particular who looked a lot like Shadow..but he hates parties..doesnt he? Before I could figure out if it was him or not, Rouge put two fingers on my chin and said "look up."
She pushed my chin up and I saw the chandelier she had been talking about since we were at my place. It truly was a breathtaking view.
"Wow..."
"Fabulous, isn't it?"
"That thing is more beautiful than the mansion itself! It's amazing!"
I felt my eyes glowing in amazement as I walked around still looking up at the chandelier to view it from all angles. Still breathtaken from the view, I suddenly bump into someone.
"Hey! How about you watch where you're going pinky, you spilled my drink all over my new outfit!"
I turned to see none other than the chipmunk herself, Sally Acorn. Her flawless blue dress was now covered in wine. I felt awful...

"Oh my goodnes! Im soooo sorry! Please, let me help you!"I quickly grabbed some napkins out of my purse and tried to dry at least SOME of the liquid off, but she quickly pushed my hands away and snatched the napkins right out of them

I quickly grabbed some napkins out of my purse and tried to dry at least SOME of the liquid off, but she quickly pushed my hands away and snatched the napkins right out of them. I don't get it, it's not like Sally to reject help, why is she acting like this?
"Don't touch me you pink horror! You've already done enough! What kind of selfish, rude, disgusting monster are you?!?"
Furry shown on her face, she ran off to the guest bathroom. Pink horror? Monster? Wha...what AM I to these people?! WHAT IN CHAOS HAVE I DONE TO COMPLETELY DESTROY THEIR LIVES?!?!
I stood there paralyzed after the insults..and then HE came up to me. Sonic, my blue hero, my life-long love interest, walked up to me, anger clearly shown in his expression.
"S-Sonic! I---"
"Don't bother. That was my girlfriend you just spilled the drink on. The dinner hasn't even started and you're already causing trouble? C'mon, is that your thing now? Apparently going savage is what's gotten your attention? Because clearly that's what you've proven a minute ago."
The lost look in my face was now replaced with anger.
"EXCUSE ME?! What just happened was not at ALL intentional. I was simply admiring the beautiful scenery in this household. You know why? Because for once I get to go out on a damn holiday! I was literally amazed by Sally's reaction when I was CLEARLY trying to help her clean up. But nooo, I'm the one to blame. I'm the monster. I'M THE ONE THAT'S ALWAYS KICKED OUT!! Well you know what? I'm going to kick MYSELF out this crappy party, since I fit in SO WELL ya know? Don't you EVER expect me to crawl back into this town ever again!!"
I grabbed a drink, dabbed my finger in it and took it out, and with that dripping finger I smushed it in Sonic's shirt. "Now its intentional." I started to walk away, but Sonic apparently didn't get enough.
"That's right, pinky. Just walk away, no one cares about you or your nasty attitude. They never have. You're just a wimpy, selfish, cruel, sad waste of the hedgehog race." He said.
I stopped. I turned around to see him standing there with his 'girlfriend' in a new dress. I grin and once again walked up to him. I kept hearing people say 'oh no, Sonic's so dead!' And 'omg she's turning into it! She's getting paler by the second!'
"So YOU'VE been the one talking shit about me..." I say as I twirl the drink in my right hand.
I saw the fear that started to crawl up in his eyes but tried to hide it. Sally was in the same state, but laughed and said, "Look you phsyco, go ahead and think what you want! You've done enough ruining lives. Get lost!"
I quickly glare at her, still twirling the drink in my hand.
"How about YOU get lost you dumb squirrel , no one was talking to you to begin with. Unless, of course, you want to join your little "buifuannnd" here in what I'm about to do with him.."
There were ohhhhhs in the background. I felt such a power..like chaos was what I lived for...but why? Have I really become... a monster?
Sally turned away arms crossed and stepped aside. Sonic gave her this 'c'mon don't leave me here' look. She looked back and said, "What? I'm not risking my emergency outfit!'
"Simply. Pathetic. Now, as for YOU young man.." I said looking back at Sonic...
*throws the drink in his face, and smashes the glass onto his chest.*
Everyone started ohhhhhh-ing even louder now. I grabbed Sonic's collar and pulled him close to my lips. I started to whisper.
"You were once a HERO, Sonic the Blue Wimp. You actually MEANT something to Mobious, to them, to ME. Now look at yourself. LOOK AT YOURSELF!" I yelled, but I brought my voice back to a whisper."You're nothing but a pathetic little blue wannabe who doesn't know the first THING about gossip. And then I'M the savage here? Mm mm mm..how sad. Next time, think twice about who you choose to talk shit about, it'll do you a world of good." He pulled away, and I gave him a sarcastic nod and smile. I saw a piece of the glass on his shoe, so I grind the glass piece with my foot into more pieces smushing them on his foot.
And with that I walked away for GOOD this time. In fact, I ran back home for that matter. I shut the door behind me, breathless and panting. I slid down to the floor and started crying..and crying..and crying. I knew it all along...coming to that party was a complete mistake! Especially now that I know SONIC out of all people is the one talking behind my back..and the fact that no one even wanted me there in the first place...the fact that I had to leave the party before it even started....*sobs*....
I suddenly see light glowing from my hands and chest. "Wha...?"
There's a flash, and poof! It's gone. I put my hands in my chest and saw swirls of black and white...like an illusion. I quickly pull them away, and the illusion was gone. "What's happening to me?!?"

*Later*

It's 10:00 p.m. I've already showered and in my night mini-gown, I'm sipping on the left over coffee from this morning in the living room, watching Animal Planet. I usually watch Pretty Little Liars, but I've had enough of secrets and drama for one day, I just want to relax. I want no thought of the party or the illusion thingy....especially the illusion thingy. I wonder how Rouge is doing though..after all that happened...
As I'm watching cute little baby sea turtles crawling into the ocean, I hear a knock on my door. Thinking it was Rouge, I walked up to the door without putting any coverage on. I opened it, and it wasn't Rouge at the door, it was Shadow.
Wait...Shadow?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Author's Note:
Thank you so much to those who decided to follow me!! It really means a lot.😊❤❤❤ More story parts come out weekly as of now, if anything is to change I will make sure to announce it with that week's chapter.
Tune in for Chapter 4 coming out soon!!!
(LOL I sound like an advertiser😝)

*Para aquellos que son Latinos, la version Español de A Rose And The Dark Emerald ( AKA: Una Rosa Y La Ezmeralda Oscura)vendrá muy pronto!!! Favor de no preocuparse😘 Gracias!!