Chapter 8: Journals and Secrets

Amy's POV:

It's been almost an hour since I started explaining my dream to Shadow. I kept stuttering my words and I had forgotten certain parts, but he was so patient with me and listened the entire time.
"So yea...that's about as much as I remember...."
"Hmmm...you say the bright light was rhyming?"
"Y-yea! It was so weird. It kept saying how it was in pain, but it WAS pain itself."
"And then it told you to help it kill itself if you found it?"
"Hm-hm. But I don't even know where it is!!! I mean, it was a dream. How is it so sure that it's real?"
"I wouldn't overlook dreams like those, Rose. They might be trying to tell you something."
"Meehh....I guess...."
"I think you should keep a dream journal from now on. Write down everything you remember dreaming the night before first thing you wake up in the morning. If you don't remember anything, just write it out for that night."
"Oh, ok. I don't have a journal though..."
"That's fine. I have a spare you can use."
Shadow gets up from the bed and walks to his book shelf. He slides his fingers through some books...well, those look like jounals too....could he have written something in them? He's so mysterious.....he suddenly stops and takes out a black and white journal with a rainbow colored rose in the center of both sides of the jounal.
"How convenient. A journal that matches your dream. Here you go."
He walks back and sits down handing me the book.
"Where did you get this?"
"That doesn't really matter..."
"Umm....ok?"
I look at the inside of the journal.
"Black and white stripes...."
"Yeah...it came that way...if it bothers you I can get you another one, maybe pink? You know, something more your style?"
"No not at all! I love it! Thank you, Shadow-kun!!"
Shadow stood stiff in surprise. Oh no. It slipped out...
"Oops. S-sorry...I didn't mean anyhting like tha-"
"You're welcome."
"...*blush*...."
Shadow scratches the back of his neck and looks away. We stood there in silence for a minute.
"Umm...it's getting late. You hungry?"
"Not really..."
"You should eat anyway. You like Chinese?"
"Yeah."
"Alright then, I'll order some. I'll go give 'em a call."
"But you dont have t-"
"I insist. You are my guest after all."
".....thanks."
He walks off to order some Chinese food.

Shadow's POV:

I walked out of my room and ordered the food. They said they'd be here in 20 minutes. I have to speak with Agent Silver asap. When I walked back and peek at the door of my room, Amy just sat there, flipping through the empty pages of the notebook I gave her.
"Hey Rose."
"Hm?"
"20 minutes. Think you can hold out?"
"I told you I wasn't as hungry."
"Ah but you stiil are. Just 'not as'."
She looked at me sarcastically serious and groaned.
"I'm just messin around, pinky. Mind if i leave you here a minute? I have to make a quick call for work."
"Of course. Go ahead."
"Alright then, be right back."
I rush to another room and open my laptop, and called Agent Silver.
"Oh. Hello, Agent Shadow."
"Hello, Agent Silver."
"Well? How did things go? Everything according to plan?"
"Ermm.....yes; but no."
"Please explain, agent."
"Well, the da- i mean, the 'appointment', was interrupted by foe faker."
"Ahh, I see...and the 'yes' part? I assume it must be something positive?"
"Yes. The victim reported having a dream about our objective. Everything was as events occurred. I have provided her with a journal to record any other dreams as such."
"That is good news. Clever work, agent.Well, I'll report status to agent Blaze, and get in contact with agent Tikal as well. We'll have to keep a close eye on foe faker. I'm counting you can manage, agent?"
"I won't let you down."
*in the distance*
"Shadow!! Are you done with your call? I need you!!"
Crap.
"Agent? Is that-"
"UM.....yes? She got injured on our way to the appointment, I tended to her wound! Nothing more!!"
"It better be all, agent. You know very well what will happen if you go too far.."
"*sigh*.....yes, agent. I know."
"I know you love her. But you need to keep your game on until we complete this mission, and it must remain secret from her. What are you going to do if she finds out about any of this agent? How will you solve things then?"
"*groans*that would be.....not good. I get it, I promise not to take it too far."
"Hey, once we finish this and get back to the appropriate time period, Shadamy can become official, sound good?"
"Hmph....well, I'd better go help her. Agent Shadow, out."
"Alright then, Angent Silver, out."