-Chapter eight-

After a good few more hours of sleep, throwing up every five minutes and multiple amounts of pain killers my body soon began to function back to its normal ways which was the best news I've had in a long time! I finally managed to make it to the bathroom, get changed, freshen up and brush my birds nest looking hair. If I could recover that dreadful hangover then I could do anything.

I bolted downstairs to be greeted by a bunch of exhausted looking men, glad I wasn't the only one. As I passed them all with a sunshine filled smile I made sure to scowl at Aaron, then slammed the kitchen door to furthermore make my point.

The door opened briefly as Seb popped his head in and informed me that they'd be going to the training centre for a brief work out. I nodded and waved them off.

Grabbing a pot noodle I boiled the kettle and lifted myself onto the kitchen counter with my little legs crossed. Twisting around so I was facing the cupboards I searched for anymore food. As the kettle was so loud I didn't hear anyone enter the kitchen until I was being grabbed roughly and placed into my feet.

Instinctively I sent my elbow into the persons stomach winding them. My head clouded and my heart raced in my ears, turning around a very hot but pissed off Italian was shooting daggers at me. I scowled at him and furrowed my eyebrows. Of course they'd leave him here.

"What the hell?" We both said in unison.

Whipping myself around so he couldn't see my blush I began busying myself with my pot noodle. A gloomy shadow peered over me and I shoved the kettle back into its place in annoyance. Turning back around to come face-to-chest with Aaron.

His masculine cologne whiffed up my nose and I pushed him away, "What do you want?" I grumbled.

He rolled his eyes, "Don't be so disappointed baiter, I'm just getting myself some water"

My narrowed eyes widened in shock, "What did you just called me?" I gritted out.

"You heard me baiter"

Yes I was a baiter but being addressed as the name baiter instead of my actual name struck a nerve in me. It was unnecessary and he was just doing it to get under my skin and I knew what, but why?

"I don't get you!" I snapped, "I haven't actually done anything to deserve your hate so do me a favour and go fuck yourself!"

He frowned, quickly covering it up as his mouth set into a thin grime line, "Ouch I'm so hurt, really Lilly why so sassy-"

Aaron's mimicking whine was cut off by a gun shot.

Inside the house.

Aaron's stealthy senses instantly kicked in when he pulled us behind the door as we stood still and silently. His eyes darkened making him look more sinister from his normal chocolate brown eyes. He's breathe heaved up and down and he held me in a tight protective grip.

The front door suddenly pounded open with a loud crash and multiple foot steps echoed around the room. I could only just see the dark figures lurking around the house through a gap in the wooden door. There was about four of these tall muscular men, and I had a sickeningly feeling in my stomach that I knew who they were.

"No ones here boss" An unfamiliar deep voice spoke through his earpiece as he shook his head to his other three members.

"What now? We just threaten them? Search for them?" Another voice spoke up sounding a lot younger than the man before.

"Give them a sign" Another cut in.

I shuddered once the sentence left his mouth, Aaron must've noticed because he held me closer to him, almost in a way to comfort me.

"We'll hit them at an unexpected time. Today let it seem like a threat"

All of them nodded in agreement before they began to turn over the lounge. All the furniture was being destroyed piece by piece. The commotion of smashes and crashing echoed loudly through the house. Two of the men pulled out a large gun and began shooting at the walls and the remaining furniture shattered on the floor.

Before I could process what was going on Aaron suddenly pulled me behind him and placed his index finger over his mouth as if to tell me to be quiet, I nodded in response as he pulled out a gun from his back pocket and turned off the safety lock.

Oh fuck.

Aaron quickly sprung into action, catching them all off guard when he shot the four men in the head and chest effortlessly. He then turned his body to face me and unclenched his clenched fist whilst he held a soft expression at the sight of me.

"You okay?" He asked, a hint of concern in his tone.

"Yeah? I don't know, it's just too much"

"I'm guessing The Black Guns have found us" Aaron gestured to the wall where the bullet holes spelt out 'TBG'.

I tugged my hair with my hands and slid down the wall so my knees were against my chest like a small child being abused by the cruelties of this world.

"I'm here to protect you Lilly and the gang-"

My head snapped up, "Protect me? As hilariously amusing that is I'm finding it hard to believe," I stood up suddenly angered, "Stay away from me Aaron"

He grabbed my arm and tugged me towards him before I could make a run for it, "This is serious now Lilly!"

I shook my head furiously, "So now you're acting like the hero after treating me like shit? My knight and shining armour" I scoffed.

"I apologise for that but we need to think about the bigger issue here Lilly! Open your fucking eyes and look around! The house has just been attacked!"

Tutting under my breathe I knew he was right, although I found it hard to believe his apology I decided to ease down on the frustration and save it for the punching bag.

"I'll call the others. Pack everything you need but make it as little as possible. We need to leave as soon as possible!"

I nodded but laced my eyebrows in confusion, "Leave? Go where?"

He groaned into his hands, "I don't know Lilly we'll figure that out later!"

Scrambling into my room and tossing everything into my duffle bag a million questions clogged up my head, the main one being how the hell did they find us?

I had very limited amount of time and focused on the main priority...

Getting the fuck out of here and as far away as possible.