Under the Rubble | Stuck in the Chaos

Characters: Jeremy Fukui, Tyler Cavero, Kyle Woods.
TW: DEATH, FIRE, GORE.
Words: 1201

The first thing that they noticed was a different... Smell, they supposed. It was making them cough, and they werent sure what it was coming from.

Kyle noticed something was off soon enough.

"Guys...?" Jeremy and Tyler looked wearily back at him. Jeremy looked like he was out of breath. Inside the house was a little bit hazy... And bizzarely hot.

"Is... Is it just me.." He coughed, then continued, "or is hot in here...?"

"Yeah.." Wheezed Jeremy, now leaning on Tyler. "And its really hard to breathe in here.."

"Guys lets just-" and they turned the corner, and saw what they had tried to believe it wasnt.

A raging fire blocking the exit.

The house had been several storys high, and they were on the lowest level. There was no other marked exit, but there were several  windows...

"Guys the window!" Tyler suddenly exclaimed, running towards the window, hoping Jeremy and Kyle would follow but alas, luck didnt agree with them.

Jeremy fell to the floor, unconsious. Kyle screamed and began to drag the eldest of the three to the window.

Rubble began to fall from the sky, and it seemed all they could see when they looked up was fire and smoke. Tyler began to feel faint and fell to his knees, hoping for a more of a chance to breathe.

But Kyle screamed his name, thinking he too had passed out. Kyle was sobbing and choking on smoke and tears, he didnt think he could survive much longer if the oxygen couldnt get to his brain. But he had to at least get Jere to Tyler.. He needed to get them all together.

But the next thing Kyle knew was an excruciating pain in his leg and he collapsed to the floor, unable to go further, he pulled Jeremys unresponsive body towards his body, and Kyle felt he could breath just a little better, but really, it was just about the same.

It was all happening so fast. Kyle had yelled his name a mere moment ago, and his head raised and Tyler suddenly saw Kyle fall and a screech was heard.

Tyler crawled towards him. Kyle had tears sliding down his face and Jeremy was pulled beside him.

"T-tyler..." Kyle muttered, with one leg pulled up. Tyler noted his pant leg was torn and the skin was really charred. It had to be at least a second or first degree burn.

"I.. I really dont think I can walk..." He began to shove Jeremys body towards him. "Take him out of here.. You guys can make it..."

"NO!" Tyler sat beside them. "All of us make it out of here, or none of us do!"

"Well T-" but suddenly he was cut off as a huge piece of rubble fell, and fell directly on top of him, killing him instantly, his mangled body still in sight of his boyfriend.

However, Jeremy wasnt so lucky. Up to his hips was crushed, and he awoke with a scream of bloody murder. He began to sob from the pain, and Tyler crawled to him and tried not to look at him but god, he had to.

He saw bone marrow and blood and he wasnt sure anymore slide under the rock and god, it was so hot. It was like the flames of hell appeared to melt them away. Tears slid down jeremys face as he began to cough more and his breath was quickening and god Tyler didnt want him in pain for more time than he should. Tyler whispered words of comfort (what he could think of, he was only a mere thirteen year old) but Jeremy continued screaming.

"God, just kill me! Tyler just fucking kill me!" He screeched, and Tyler picked up a piece of rubble that had fallen at the beginning, still hot but not really as hot as the others but it still burn his hands awfully, planning to fufill the olders wish..

He really didnt want to do this.

"Jere, really..." "JUST DO IT, fuck..." The fourteen year old whimpered, the pain becoming unbearable.

The rock was heavy, certainly heavy enough to... Do the rest.

"I-Im s o r r y..." Tyler choked out, and looked away as he dropped it.

He felt the full intensity of the heat and the blood splatter on him, and an intense feeling of loneliness set in.

He could escape...

No he couldnt. He wouldnt dare leave his friends.. He would be awful if he did. He would never leave him.

Anyway, who would be there when he got back? He wandered into the middle of the house, near where the inferno was the hottest. He prepared for death.

Why had this even happened? They just /had/ to come here, huh? God, he hadnt even entered true teenagehood, nor even began puberty and here he was, about to die.

His friends were dead. Tears slid down his face, not from pain or anything, but god, had he really killed his friend? God he was a terrible person. G o d.

A beam fell from above and impaled his stomach, and he screamed from pain, and began to squirm. Sobs grew louder, and pain increased. He looked down, to see gore and guts and everything that was inside of him spilling out, and he wanted to puke, but instead blood spilled out of his mouth and smoke choked him. He felt dizzy. Why wasnt he dead yet? Why couldnt this mind numbing pain just end?

He couldnt think straight. He sent his final good byes, to his mom. Maybe Kyles. No one else would care. He tried to do his best but g ah, he couldnt. How long had it been since this hell started?

In slowmotion it seemed, a piece of large rubble fell. Tyler laughed bitterly, and tears ran down his face. Would this kill him? He just wanted death.

But no, it instead landed right beside him, right on his arm. A blood curdling scream was let loose, he just wanted to die. His sobs grew louder, as more rubble fell on his lower body that he could no longer feel, and he could only look over towards the crushed dead body of his friend.

He sobbed, and screamed "KILL ME ALREADY!" With multiple debris already covering his body, he knew it couldnt be long now. Any other place he could look at his body was gore and blood and bone and g o d he was everywhere, in a literal sense.

He looked up, and all he saw was fire. It looked like it was raining fire, honestly. One final piece of large debris finally fell, and hit the long beam protruding from his adomen, and fell towards his face.

His eyes shut before the rubble could shut it for him.

.____.

Arson in Old Abandoned House (page 3a)

There was a fire at an abandoned house on the 23rd, and three unrecognizable bodies were found in the fire. However, local teens Jeremy Fukui, Kyle Woods and Tyler Cavero have been reported missing. The cause of the fire remains unknown, but it looks like it may be an arson case. More to follow.

.____.