Arranged Marriage ~ Ryoma X Reader

You pant as you hold your steel katana in front of you. Sweat rolling down your forehead, dripping down your cheeks and brows. You close your eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath you steel yourself. Snapping your eyes open, you move with lightning speed towards the dummy. Just in time, you slash from the neck and diagonally down the torso. Standing up straight you wipe the sweat from your face with the back of your hand.
"Whew, I think that wraps up today's training," you say to yourself as you sheathe your katana. After cleaning up the mess of what used to be a dummy, you turn and leave the training area.

"(Y/N)." A deep voice calls out. You look to the right, only to see the high prince of Hoshido. Ryoma, in the flesh.

"Ryoma! What are you doing here? Thought you had a meeting with Corrin and the other higher-ups for the next battle?"

"It was postponed for later tonight due to something else," he responds as you finish making your way up the small incline. You cock an eyebrow at his statement.

"Oh? And what would that be?" He blushes and turns his head to the side, as for you not to see. You see anyway though. Smiling, you walk up to him and place your hand on his tense shoulder. His shoulder tenses up even further at your touch. "Ryoma?" You pause in your actions, seeing as he was getting even more uncharacteristically flustered. Sighing, you continue on from your question a moment ago. "If you do not wish to tell me, that is fine. But tell someone at least. It might help ease that weight." Pausing, you look towards the sky above. The sun was about to set. "I'll be going then, it's almost time for dinner. You should too." Just as you begin to walk away from the spiky haired male, he grabs your wrist with a snap of his arm.

"Wait." You turn around, not completely facing him.

"Yes?"

"The thing that happened instead of the battle plans... it was for my arranged marriage..." he continues, slowly loosening his grip on your wrist. He doesn't look you in the eye. Cocking an eyebrow, and internally trying to calm your emotions at those two words, you turn around to fully face him.

"Oh? Who is it that they agreed on? Are you alright with it?" you ask as you are left with only a sick feeling in your stomach, and an ache in your heart in anticipation.

"W-well, you see... t-they um..." he uncharacteristically stutters. "They chose... you..." You furrow your brows in frustration. Not hearing the last, and most important part, of his sentence.

"Who? You were mumbling."

"You. They chose you," he says while recomposing himself. Blushing, he stares you in the eye. Waiting for your reaction. You shift on your feet, face flushing all kinds of red. Standard, Crimson, red-orange, you name it. Your face was full of them. As you open your mouth to speak, he beats you to it. "And yes, I'm fine with it. I am, after all, the one who made the fight to make sure it was you," he says, grabbing your hands. He takes a deep breath. Then those words, oh those simple yet meaningful words, spill out of his mouth. "I love you (Y/N) (L/N)." He brings your hands to his lips and kisses them each. "I love you so much. That's why I pushed so hard to make this arranged marriage happen. I hope you accept my affections towards you." You tear up, and before you can help it the dams break.

"Oh Ryoma... Ilove you too. I love you so, so much. Of course I'll accept your affections." Smiling as you finish, you lean up on the tips of your toes and kiss his nose. (Rhyming on accident! XD ) All he can do... is smile. Smile at your reply to his love, smile to how unbelievably happy you look, and smile at how beautiful you look.

"I'm glad." Was all he told you before he hugs you. "I love you," he mumbles into your hair, inhaling your sweet vanilla scent.

"I love you too, you dork," you say as you nuzzle your face into his chest armor. Until you heard loud whistles and shouts...

"WHOO! GET SOME RYOMA!" Hinata shouts, pumping his fists into the air.

"He certainly is lucky indeed," Subaki infers as he holds his chin, his Pegasus seeming to nod.

"You better take care of each other. You hear?" Hinoka comes up to you two, harshly patting you both on the back.

"I'm glad. It was sort of obvious." Was all Azura could say as she smiles at you two.
Removing your head from his armor, you look up to him.

"Well, that makes a lot of things easier. Looks like everyone saw, heh." Ryoma grumbles at your response. Unhappy at the invasion of privacy.

"We came by to check on you both, seeing as you two were the only ones to not eat dinner yet. And here we are," Hinoka explains.

"Ya know, I love this... big family we have. Even if they are privacy invasive," you say, kissing Ryoma's cheek.

"Yes, I agree. I wouldn't have it any other way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I'm sooooo sorry that this hasn't been updated in a while. I hope this isn't crappy and is actually good, and that he isn't too OOC. The next one is a requested Xander. If you have any requests, I'm back. And there's my other one shot book that y'all can request on. Have a great day!
-LOZTP3