FIVE

"Aren't you too young to be a mafia boss?"

He smirked at my question as he chewed and swallowed.

"It's a inherited position that I had to work hard for. I started from the ground up till I got to the top and replaced my father." He said.

I recalled watching this father's case on television. His father had been convicted and died in prison a few years back. However, if he took over when his father was arrested then he had to be 13 because I recalled being ten when it occurred.

"So you must have been young when you took over?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Victor helped till I became old enough."

"How old was 'old enough'?" I asked with my fork in mid air.

"Fifteen." I nodded, inwardly thankful that I hadn't put the food in my mouth.

"So when did you start learning to shoot?" I asked to kill the silence.

"I started before I was two, perfected it when I was five and I shoot my first person when I was seven." To that, I choked and started coughing. He rushed to my side and handed me a glass of wine. I consumed the liquid to cool down my burning throat.

"I can honestly say I did not expect that reaction." I watched him as he moved back to his seat. I held his gaze as he sat and continued.

"Don't look at me like that, you act like you haven't shot someone or seen a dead body before?"

"I have never killed someone before and I'm pretty sure at the age of seven I didn't have cause to want to kill someone." I retorted. He chuckled and leaned across the table.

"I don't think at that age you had a nanny you father was sleeping with that could have been the cause of your mother's suicide." He whispered. I gulped at the murderous glint in his eye. He quickly sat back and put on a smile, his emotions hidden.

"Besides, I was curious to see what she had that was so alluring. I stripped her on top of my father's bed when he was gone and pulled the trigger of the gun inside her body then shot her in the chest to make sure—" he didn't finish. He sighed and leaned across to touch my hand but I drew back. He sat back and cleared his throat.

"Why don't we move to the living room for dessert and you can tell me about yourself." I nodded at the request, even though I knew he already knew almost everything about me. I accepted the hand he offered to help me stand up. He placed his hand on the small of my back as he led me into his living room.