Chapter 1

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I jumped onto the rock of the Outlands. Janja had given me the task of spotting the Lion Guard so I could warn him if they were on their way to stop them.

Boy how I hated them. Ono, he just has to fly around and spot the bad animals of the Pridelands. Bunga, he was so annoying. Zuka Zama? Please. Fuli, why does she think she has to be the first one there? Life is not a race. Beshte, ugh, do I even need to say it? And Kion, he was the worst of all. Always doing good and thinking the Circle of Life needs to stay in balance. Yeah, right.

"(Y/N)!" I turned my head to see Janja on the other side, his group slowly creeping towards the antelope.

"Do you see the Lion Guard?!"

I turned my head back to where I was looking, and sure enough, there they were, Ono, Bunga, Fuli, Beshte, and Kion running towards Janja and his clan.

"Yes!" I turned my head back to Janja. "They are headed your way as we speak!" I jumped off the rock and headed to log to cross the river that separated the Outlands from the Pridelands.

As I crossed the log, I could hear Janja arguing with someone.

"Kion, you can't stop us this time. We are one step ahead of you."

I stopped to listen, hiding in the grass to avoid being seen by the rest of the Lion Guard.

"That's what you think, Janja," I heard the young Prince state confidentially. "but you have forgotten that you are dealing with the Lion Guard. Now go back to the Outlands where you belong."

Before I could hear anything else, a flock of birds suddenly swooped down and blocked my vision.

"Now!"

I tried to get up, remembering that was my cue to come in, but because of these stupid birds, I wasn't able to.

Kion frowned and got closer to Janja. "Go!"

Janja's ears lowered and he ran off, his clan following right behind him. By the time the birds got off of me and flew away, Janja slowly walked towards me with a snarl on his face.

"Why didn't you come at the signal?!" I gulped and backed away, scared. "I-I'm sorry Janja..."

I noticed that the Lion Guard had stayed to listen. My attention snapped back to Janja as he nipped my front paw.

I whimpered in pain as he got close to my face, his teeth baring. "Next time, I won't go so easy on you."

Giving one last growl, he pushed me to the ground and headed back to the Outlands, his group following.

Picking myself up, I saw the Lion Guard staring me down. I rolled my eyes.

"So, you work for Janja?" Kion asked me, giving me a frown. I returned the frown. "Yeah, so?"

Fuli took a step forward. "So go back to the Outlands, you rotten lion."

Bunga hopped onto Beshte's back. "Yeah!"

"Whatever." As I tried to pick myself up, my paw that was nipped gave out and I fell down to the ground once more.

Fuli growled. "Go!"

I snarled at the cheetah. "Don't you see I'm trying!"

Kion looked at Fuli. "Take it easy, Fuli. She's hurt."

Kion then looked at me concerned, but all I gave him was frown. "I'll help you back to the Outlands, okay?"

I grunted, but nodded, still struggling to get on my feet. "Okay..."

"We'll go with you, Kion!" Bunga jumped off of Beshte and smiled at his leader.

"No, Bunga. Only I will take her. You guys go back to Pride Rock and wait for me there."

The rest of the Lion Guard nodded, turned around and then were gone. Kion was then by my side and lifted me up.

"What's your name?" He looked at me as we started walking, or for me, limping. I stayed quiet, not really wanting to answer him. "Please?"

I looked at him and sighed. "(Y/N). My name is (Y/N.)"

He smiled as he helped me over a log. "My name is-" "I know who you are," I quickly cut him off. "Kion, leader of the Lion Guard, second born child of Simba, the King of Pride Rock."

He looked at me shocked. "How do you know...?"

I rolled my eyes, still limping, noticing that were close to the gap between the Pridelands and the Outlands. "Please, you think that only because I'm the only girl lion cub in the Outlands that I don't know what's on the other side of that gap?"

Kion then looked at me, nervous. "I didn't mean-" "I know what you meant," I interrupted again.

"Well, we're here..." He announced, stopping at the end of the gap.

I jumped onto the log the best I could. My paw still hurting like heck. "Thanks, I guess."

He scoffed. "You guess?"

I smirked. "Fine. Thank you, Kion."

He laughed. "Hopefully if I see you again, you'll be over here not trying to eat the antelope with Janja."

I frowned. "I don't know. It will probably be because of that reason."

Kion smiled at me, making me feel something in my stomach I had never felt before. "See you, (Y/N)." Giving me one last look, he then ran off, leaving me to limp over the log and back to the Outlands alone, dreading the moment when I would face Janja again.