Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I tried to get up on all fours, but I quickly fell back to the ground in pain.

"(Y/N)?" I turned my head ever so slightly to see Kion sitting down, looking at me worried. "A-Are you okay? You yelled my n-name..."

I then realized that what I had just gone through was a dream and he was not dead. Tears started to pool out of my eyes, wetting my golden brown fur. "Oh, K-Kion...I thought J-Janja had..." I couldn't finish my sentence. Saying that word would have torn me apart.

"(Y/N) it's okay...whatever happened was a dream..." I looked at Kion as he nuzzled my cheek. I lightly blushed. Did he like me?

"Um, (Y-Y/N)?" I looked at Kion, weak as Rafiki came in and wrapped my back leg with a leaf type wrapping. "Y-Yeah, Kion?"

He looked down, nervous as a light blush crept across his cheeks and his tail swayed back and forth slowly. "I...I like you."

I smiled at the young lion cub. "I-I like you t-too..." He returned my smile and licked my cheek. I then realized something and I frowned. Kion  instantly noticed. "What's wrong?"

I sighed and laid on my good side, laying my head down between my front paws. "Kion?"

Kion nodded, telling me that he was listening to me. "Yes?"

Not wanting to be here after I say this, I get up even though both Rafiki and Kion are telling me to lay down. I limp over to the opening of Rafiki's cave.

"I do like you, Kion...a lot, but...we can't be together..."

I gave Kion a sorrowful look, then I was gone, limping away from him.