Chapter 2

Kion's P.O.V

What was going on with me? After I left (Y/N), she was all I was thinking about. Which was unusual for me. Normally I wouldn't get worked up about a cub. But her, she wasn't like other cubs I've met.

Wait a second, Kion, what are you saying? She works for Janja! The enemy! You shouldn't date her, even if you do like her, you shouldn't like her. I bet she doesn't even like me. She looked disgusted when I was taking her back to the Outlands.

"Hey, Kion!"

I looked ahead of me and saw Bunga running towards me. He had that smile on that never seemed to leave his face.

"What is it, Bunga?" I asked, making my way to my friend.

Bunga and I stopped when we reached each other halfway. "That lion girl didn't give you any trouble, right?"

I nodded. "Relax, Bunga, she didn't give me any trouble." I looked behind me, staring at the gap that separated me from (Y/N). "Besides, I don't think she could've done anything to me while she was hurt."

Bunga looked at me. "Maybe. But you can't trust her, Kion. She works for Janja."

I looked back at him and smiled. "Yeah, I know, Bunga. Don't worry."

Bunga jumped and pointed towards Pride Rock. "Then come on, we were just discussing our next strategy for when Janja attacks again."

I started to run after Bunga, heading towards Pride Rock. I hope this next strategy doesn't have taking out (Y/N). But, if it does, I would be the one to do it. I would make sure of it.

~Meanwhile~

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I laid under a rock quietly. Once I had gotten back to Janja and his clan, they were furious with me. They sentenced me to sleep here for five days. Without food or water. I guess this was my fault, I could've just moved when the birds had attacked, but all I did was fall down and let them attack me.

If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have gotten nipped by Janja or have had help from that goody two shoes Kion.

Oh, come on (Y/N), you know you like him. I lifted my head. Who had said that? I looked around, but I was still alone. I rested my head back down and closed my eyes. Even if he's the bad guy, you can't deny that he's at least a little cute, (Y/N). My head shot up again. "Who is saying that?!" I asked to no one in particular. When no one had answered me, I instantly felt stupid. I had to keep it under control. If Janja heard me, he would immediately come down and give me another nip. Probably in a worse spot then my paw. Like my back or chest. And boy did his teeth hurt.

Sighing to myself, I then felt my stomach growling. I knew I couldn't eat anything, but the last meal I had was only one piece of meat on an antelope, and that was two days ago. Lifting myself up, I waited until Janja and his clan had left to plan their next attack to make my escape.

Still limping from my injury, I managed to get to the log that separated the Outlands from the Pridelands.

"(Y/N)!" I stopped midway when I heard a familiar harsh voice. I turned around and my ears instantly lowered when I saw who it was.

Janja snarled at me. "Get back here!"

Knowing I would lose the fight, I sighed and managed to turn myself around, limping back to Janja and Chungu who had come with him. "That's a good little cub..."

When I heard a cracking sound, I slowly stopped and looked around.

"Hurry up, you!" Janja yelled at me. I was about to start limping again, but the log suddenly split in two and I fell into the fast moving river. "Janja! Help!"

Janja just laughed. "Nah. You'll have to figure this out on your own, (Y/N)."

"But Janja-"

"Shut it Chungu, let's go."

The water swallowed me and I soon came up coughing up water and gasping for air. "Help! Anybody! Help!"

I couldn't stay conscious anymore. The sound around me was almost gone, I heard someone run up to the edge. The voice getting blurred every second.

"Call the-"

Then everything went black as I was once again swallowed by the moving water.