Plot 7 → Divergent

(Plot by Meg)

TITLE: Fool's Gold (Can Be Changed)

FANDOM: Divergent

FACE CLAIM: Grace Phipps as Audrey

LOVE INTEREST: Theo James as Four

PLOT: In which an Erudite born unwillingly becomes a Dauntless initiate to put forward the first steps in order for Jeanine to infiltrate the compound

EXTENDED SUMMARY: Jeanine Matthews was certainly ambitious, with greater visions for the future and she needed the assistance of the Dauntless to make her visions a reality. Despite the agreement between the two fractions, she is suspicious and takes caution when approaching the compound. She needed an insider, she needed somebody to get her the information without any attachment to the Dauntless. Eric was now a liability, he was in too deep and somebody new needed to be inside.

Audrey was stereotypical Erudite and was no different from any other one, but for some reason Jeanine sees her as her protégé. Somebody to mentor, despite Audrey's doubts about the all of divergent kind being evil, Jeanine sees her as somebody extraordinary. So when she unwillingly forces the sixteen year old to become a Dauntless member for the sake of the greater good, this leaves the young Erudite far from happy.

The first job was for Audrey was to pass initiation, only becoming an official member would get her trusted and allow her to gather the information that was requested–but it wasn't the kind of test that she was used to. There were no questions about physics or geometry involved, this test was in fact a twisted game that could possibly leave her as a factionless. The worst thing to be in the society. Her self-confidence was debatable, her strength was weak and she had no faith in herself, there was no way she would ever make it to stage two without being rejected. The only way for her to survive is with a little help from somebody that she knows any involvement will only lead to her being left shunned by Erudite. It may be faction before blood, but is it faction before survival?