One - How Jack Met Mark

Jack was stood, backed up against a wall, shaking violently. Jack had been mute since he was eight years old and had to be homeschooled of school for it. It wasn't like he couldn't talk, just that he refused to. Jack's life somewhat fell apart back then, his father had passed away from an undiscovered illness. That had caused Jack to become depressed and he almost never left the house after that, his mother though, had thought it'd be best to move him to America with all of his siblings. Jack only went to school there before he stopped talking, trying and being himself, just seeing pictures and videos of himself from before his dad died shocks him and everyone else that knows him. Jack was so happy back then...

"Not gonna speak up freak?" Snapped the much taller boy, Jack just stood staring up at him, his friends surrounding them, "Wow, you're a brave little shit now aren't you?"

"Why don't you talk loser? Are you scared? Hmm...?" One of the others chimed in, "Answer me!" The guy shouted, hitting Jack harshly. Tears sprung to Jack's eyes, he wouldn't talk, and he would not give into them.

"Yeah answer him! Can you not speak? Are you really that stupid?" Another hit, and another, and another.

"Hey! Assholes, leave him alone, what he even do to you?" A boy around his age scolded the guys that were huddled around him.

"Make me Fischbach, you may be the most popular kid in school but that won't that stop me from beating your ass." The guy growled, this is when Jack could see who had saved him, he was a gorgeous boy with semi long dark brown hair and eyes to match, and he was so good looking it made Jack want to kiss him.

"Yeah sure, just fuck off before we need to get an ambulance over here for your sorry ass." The boy with the brown eyes growled at them. The boys all glared at his as they stomped off, leaving Jack seated on the floor leaned against the wall, hugging his knees to his chest, "Hey, they're gone now... You alright?" Jack nodded in response.

"I'm Mark." The lad crouched down in front of Jack, "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner... You're name's Sean... or you like to be called Jack right?" Jack looked up at him alarmed and nervous from all the questions being asked, "Hey, Jack... You don't have to say anything if you don't want... I know you don't talk much."

Jack looked at him so shocked by his words, nobody ever was so understanding of him. Mark stood from his positon on the floor and offered a hand to Sean, who took it hesitantly. He hated the way he was feeling about this boy, he had said he would never let anyone in again, he'd been broken too much already...

"Let me buy you a coffee, or something?" Mark smiled at him apologetically, "Well on second thought I think it'd be easier to order some hot chocolate, don't you think." He looked over at the silent chap. Another nod from Jack, only this time with Mark received a smile.

|-/

"So, you're homeschooled right?" Mark asked, watching Jack intently. Jack looked up from his hot chocolate into Mark's gorgeous eyes, bowed his head in agreement.

"Can you actually talk?" Mark asked, and more nodding from Jack, "Oh cool, did you stop talking because of the people from around here?" Jack looked down, shaking his head, remembering the day his dad had passed away.

"Oh... I'm sorry, did I bring back bad memories?" Jack kept his head down, not wanting to making Mark feel bad, "Sorry... Erm... I'll tell you a bit about myself if you want?" Jack glanced up, agreeing with Mark, wanting to know more about the cutie.

"Well, I'm Mark, as you know and I love to play video games, and I wish I could be homeschooled. I am really bad at math and I'm failing but oh well and erm... Do you mind if I get a bit more into personal stuff?" Mark rubbed at the back of his neck awkwardly, Jack was totally fine with it so he shook his head to let Mark know he could continue, "So, I moved here when I was younger, about five with my parents after they got a divorce, my parents decided to stay close so then my brother and I could go back and forth between their houses during the week and such and be able to go to school... My dad got a new girlfriend and they were together for a while. When I was around thirteen or fourteen my dad found out he had lung cancer and that he wasn't..." Mark stopped and turned, looking away from Jack, tears threatening to fall down his cheeks. Jack could tell that this upset Mark very much and so he reached over touching the other boy's arm gently, letting him know it was okay.