Four - Confessions Of A Sleeping Boy

"Well you talk in your sleep." Mark crossed his arms, a smirk playing at his lips cockily.

"I-I wha-what!? W-What do I-I say!?" Panicked the newly talking boy.

"You just say my name over and over, it's cute really." Mark nudged Jack's arm as he sat silently, "What you're just gonna let me fall in love with your stupid little accent then stop talking to me!?" A giggle from Jack signaled to Mark that the boy was teasing him, in an excruciating way at the least.

"Ye love me accent?" Jack looked at him, happiness in his eyes as Mark nodded, "Do ya really mean it?" Jack spoke as though he were about to start crying.

"Of course I do, why are you so shocked by that? Your voice is so cute, I adore accents like yours." Mark gushed.

"Every one used ta' make fun of me voice..." Jack hung his head and Mark pulled him into a hug. Mark just wished that he wasn't such a wimp, he wanted to tell Jack that he loved him and that he was the most perfect of the pastels, but he was too awkward.

"How could anybody hate your sweet voice? It's so smooth and sugary." Gasped Mark, getting a shrug from Jack in response. Mark pulled Jack close to him, shivering from the cool night air.

"Let's go in, I'll make hot chocolate and popcorn and we can watch movies together." Jack smiled getting an 'mmm' in response from Mark. The two got up and made their way into the house where Jack did as he'd said he would and the two went up to Jack's bedroom, spending the rest of the night watching movies and cuddling up to each other for 'warmth', both of them secretly knew that, that was not the case.

|-/

Mark awoke at some point that night, his body tangled around Jack's. He smiled, moving around slightly until he heard Jack murmuring in his sleep, "Mark..." He spoke, going into soft incoherent mumbling before getting loud again, "I love ye too..." Mark's face grew bright crimson, was Jack talking about him? He couldn't be. Mark sighed, it was just a dream, and it meant nothing. Mark pushed the thoughts from his mind, trying to relax as best he could and hoping to go back to sleep soon.

|-/

"Good morning, Marky." Jack murmured sleepily, feeling the bed shift beneath him.

"Oh, shit. Did I wake you?" Mark whispered.

"Mmm-mmh." Yawned Jack, rolling over and placing his head on Mark's thigh.

"What are you doing, you dork?" Laughed Mark.

"Sleepy, shh." Jack waved his arm in the air to hush the other boy.

"Come on, do stuff with me!" Whined Mark, tugging at Jack.

"Like what?" Grumbled Jack.

"I don't know, where do you want to go?" Mark smiled down at his friend.

"Ooh! They have this new aquarium in town with one of those cool underwater tunnel things, I've always wanted to go to one!" Jack had shot into an upright position, bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Er..." Mark murmured, wanting to say no, he hated aquariums but Jack looked so excited, "Sure."

"Yay!" Jack giggled like a child, hopping from his bed to get ready. Mark bit his lip anxiously, god he hoped everything would be okay.

|-/

Jack tittered like a child as he dragged Mark around the large place, pointing and bouncing excitedly as he watched with a cute look of fascination in his eyes. His cornflower eyes were bright and lit up as he watched all the fish.

Mark felt Jack tug at his shirtsleeve, making him whip his head in the direction of the smaller male. Jack was pointing at the underwater tunnel, the one thing that he just couldn't handle, "D-Do we have to?" Mark mumbled nervously. Jack leaned in to whisper in his ear, making him smile.

"Why don't ye want to?" Jack's warm breath caressed Mark's face.

"I just- I..." Mark saw the sparkle in his eyes disappear and concern takeover his face, "Never mind, it's fine. Let's go." Mark took Jack by the hand and approached the tunnel, dropping his hand from Jack's as he ran into the underpass excitedly. Mark stood frozen, he was so fucking scared of the ocean, and he hated this, what if it were to collapse? Was his number one thought as he watched Jack run around looking at all the fish in complete awe. Jack turned towards Mark, motioning for him to come join. Mark couldn't resist, he slowly stepped beneath the overhang and made his way to Jack, who he clung to like a drowning cat. Jack leaned into Mark again to talk to him.

"What's wrong? Are ye okay?" Jack worried.

"I'm just- I-I just... I really hate things like this, I-I get really nervous because I-I feel l-like they could collapse at any moment." He admitted, getting an upset and sorry look from Jack. Jack took him by the hand to bring him out of the passage but Mark didn't move, "I want to stay in here, with you..." Mark told him and Jack smiled wider then he had all day, tossing his arms around Mark and holding him tightly, mumbling soft 'thank you's' into Mark's neck.

Jack proceeded to point out every fish that he could see to Mark, making him laugh as he watched the excitement in Jack. He watched happily while Jack pressed himself against the glass, watching the small creatures swim past him. Mark loved the way Jack looked in the dim lighting of the aquarium, he looked so cute and sweet. His eyes stood out vibrantly, along with his plump and sugary-looking lips. Mark smiles subconsciously, eyes glued in fascination to the younger male. Jack turned to look at Mark, a smile as well, spreading across his face.

"What?" Jack murmured gently.

"Nothing." Mark shook his head, taking in every detail of him. Jack giggled, shoving him slightly, holding onto his shoulders and hanging off of Mark, a grin pressed to his face.

"Stop!" He laughed, barely above a whisper. Mark moved a hand up to Jack's face, brushing away some stray hairs from his eyes, his hand lingering on his cheek for a short moment.

"I'm not doing anything." Mark shook his head again.

"Ye're starin'...at..." Jack locked eyes with Mark, his sentence trailing to an incoherent buzz. Mark's smile faded as he slowly leaned in, he didn't know why, it just felt right. Their lips met and sparks flew. Jack was taken back by the sudden action but kissed back none the less. This felt right, Mark wasn't gay and he knew that but Jack just... Did something to him, something nobody else had ever been able to do and even Mark didn't know quite what it was. Jack also felt the same way, he like girls, he always had but something about this, it just felt... Perfect. Jack's lips parted and Mark took this opportunity to slip his tongue into the boy's mouth, Jack smirked as he did the same. He suddenly felt Mark's icy fingers in his hair, and against his neck, sending shivers up and down his spine. Mark pulled back reluctantly as he remembered they were in the middle of a pretty large crowd of people. Most of them had begun to stare and some just chose to keep moving. Mark glanced over at Jack who was blushing furiously as all the people began to move on from their staring.

"Wow..." Jack choked breathlessly.

"I know." Mark replied, both of their faces bright red from the lack of oxygen and also from the slight awkwardness of the whole thing, "That was surprisingly romantic." Giggled Mark with a massive grin plastered to his face, getting a nod from a wide-eyed Jack.

And in that moment they realized that they didn't need anything in their lives but each other.