Two - Pastels

Jack woke up around four in the morning, he felt so comfortable, his skin tingled where it was placed against Mark's, making Jack blush as he removed himself from where he was on his friend and walked out onto his balcony over-looking his backyard. He yawned, stretching tiredly and climbing onto the edge of the railing, sitting down and dangling his feet over the edge. A sigh escaped his lips and he felt a pang of sadness wash over him. Jack missed Ireland so much, the air was much cleaner in the log cabin out in the woods, but now he was stuck in Los Angeles, California. Mark was the only good thing in this hell hole. Jack missed home and wanted to bring Mark back there with him and they could live together in a cute little log cabin in the middle of nowhere, Mark would probably hate living with him though, he didn't even talk...

Suddenly Jack heard the door open from behind him, turning to see a sleepy looking Mark leaning against the doorway. Jack waved, yawning and rubbing his eyes, "Morning." Mark's rugged morning voice sent chills up Jack's spine. Jack smiled in response, getting up off of the balcony and grabbing Mark's wrist, tugging him down the stairs to the kitchen where he found his mother making breakfast.

"Morning Jack, I made-"She stopped seeing Mark standing beside Jack, "Who's that?"

"I'm Mark, Jack's friend... I stayed here last night after Jack and I got back from a thing my friend Felix was doing." Mark explained.

"Does he talk to you?" Jack's mother asked hopefully.

"Not really, he gives me responses with shrugs, nods, and random noises but he doesn't talk to me, unless texting counts." Mark answered.

"Well that's more than I get... He must really like you Mark... I'm Debbie McLoughlin, his ma." She introduced herself.

"I'm Mark Fischbach."

"Nice to meet you Mark, I hope you're not a vegan or something." She smiled placing some strips of bacon and two omelets on the table, "I'll make you anything you would like, it's the least I could do for being so kind to my son. He hasn't been happy like this since his dad passed..."

"Oh, I didn't know that... I'm sorry and you don't have to make me anything I'm fine." Mark gasped.

"Are you sure? You should eat something sweetie." Debbie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thank you though." Smiled Mark, sitting beside Jack who pushed his plate of food over towards Mark, giving him a pleading look, "I'm fine Jack, you eat." Mark really was starving but didn't want to be a bother. Jack stood swiftly and grabbed a plate, fork and knife from the cabinets, placing them down in front of Mark and giving him one of his omelets and some of his bacon strips.

"Jack, you don't-"Jack pressed a hand to Mark's lips cutting him off, shaking his head at the boy. Mark knew that arguing would do no good because Jack was stubborn as hell, Mark loved that about him.

|-/

"Jack, do you mind if I take a quick shower? I reek of alcohol and it's giving me a head ache." Mark asked his tiny friend. Jack shrugged, which Mark took as a yes. Jack hastily jumped from his bed before Mark could get into the bathroom and Jack grabbed a clean pair of boxers, a t-shirt and a pair of black jeans that were baggy on him from how teeny he was but he was pretty sure they'd fit Mark pretty well, "Oh, thanks Jacky." Mark smiled at him. Jack quickly grabbed a hoodie and handed it to Mark as well.

While Mark was in the shower he was singing some random songs ranging from, Story Of My Life by One Direction to King For A Day by Pierce The Veil. Jack laid on his bet listening intently to Mark's beautiful voice, he loved it so much. Jack had remembered a list he'd made a while ago, it was on this little dumb thought had suddenly struck him one day about six years ago. After Jack had become mute he had started listening to the sounds around him more and he had come up with this thing, he called it Pastel Sounds. Whenever Jack liked a sound, like the beat of the rain on the windows or the laugh of a child and things like this he'd count it as a Pastel Sound. Jack called it this for the simple reason of, pastels are beautiful and majestic and all these sounds that he had considered to be pastel were beautiful or majestic.