Fitting the Wheel

LAYNES P.O.V. WRITTEN BY LayneFranks

Last Edit was 11/22/2016

I stood up straight, I could feel my wounds stretch, I pushed Derek out of the way and helped Kaleb up, but it was more like the blind-leading-blind because of our condition, but I still managed for him to lean against the dirty carriage wall.

I wish I had my shirt right now, and I wish that the carriage didn't have so much dirt, dust and straw every where, it was gonna make the trip for the both if us worse, and especially since our wounds can get infected twice as fast in this dirty place.

"Are you ok?" I asked. Kaleb huffed and puffed, it was like he had just seen a ghost and his face was almost pale as a white dolphin.

Kaleb looked up at the metal gated roof of the bumpy carriage, he seemed to be nodding or shaking, he didn't look good at all, we needed our swords back and that was all there was to it. But how do we get them back?

The man who I had spoke to in the Roman language earlier finally spoke up again with a mouth full of old bread.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and I heard his chains rattle as he walked closer and I could finally see his body, it was a black man. Buff all around but skinny as a rail. "Does you friend need help? Is he sick?" The man scared me a little as he got closer, I didn't know him and he didn't know us.

"He's alright," I finally say.

The black man stares at Kaleb for a second longer, then heads back into his darkness.

John, my brother walks toward me as Derek helps me sit Kaleb down on the dirty floor in criss-cross apple sauce.

Kaleb had stopped his sweating and his breathing was getting even. My side and arms started to get that surge of pain again, but I made sure to stretch, but now every second I got a feeling that the black man was watching us all the time now.

John looked at me, then at the darkness were the black man was, he seemed to sense the same I was because he leaned in towards me and said in a low voice, "That guy gives me the creeps,"

"Shhh!" Derek interrupted. "be quit you dummy, he has ears you know?"

"I'm not stupid," John stuck his tongue at him then crossed his arms against his chest "Like you." he grinned.

"Why you little-" Derek tried to make a move with his hand as if to slap the back of my brothers head, even though my brother did get on my nerves a lot of the times I didn't like other people picking on him, especially Derek. I still never liked him, especially how he talks about Berry Ellsworth, how his death was no big deal.

I gave Derek a look that I hope he never would forget, you touch my brother I pound your face in!

Derek swore under his breath which made me more mad but at least he moved his hand away.

Kaleb still was staring up at the ceiling, and his lips moved as if to try to say something. Then I looked up at what he was looking at, and I seen it, it was a guard in full armor of metal, red and black leather on his shoulders and legs and arms, and he had a combat sword--wait! It cant be, I adjusted my eyes a little bit from the dust In the carriage but I finally see it, it was my sword Ignis! My sword was just above my head this whole time!

That's why the sword never went back to my palm, someone had possession of it, and that means I have to wait until he drops it, unless...I can control it from his grasp? But then I would have to fight the person with Kaleb's sword and I didn't know where his was, I would be the only one armed, the escape plan would have to wait until the time came, but when would that be?