The Deal

KALEBS P.O.V.

Layne and I were stuck in place like robots being controlled. Neither of us said anything back. I could only stair at the King and his daughter. She had long brown hair and big brown eyes. I don't want to say she's pretty something about me wanted to resist the urge to say or think it, but I gotta face the facts, she's pretty. The King on the other hand not so much, she must of got her looks from her mother, wherever she was anyway. But the king, he had black hair that was starting to grow gray, and brown eyes. He also had a little bit of a beard that could probably run wild if he didn't groom it everyday.

"Come in, come in" said the King, his daughter looked at him and to us with a smirk.

I could tell that Layne wad tense, we had stopped in the middle of the white tilled room, and with the King up on such a bug chair, he looked more like an ogre giant. The big doors creaked in back of us and I couldn't help but clinch my shaking fist nervousness, there was totaly no way out, exept for the window, but who knew where that led to?

I was the one to speak first, "What do you want with us!" I yell.

The King gave us no look of concernment, he gave off a fake grin that made his ogre face more uglier. "Well, let us not get off on the wrong foot here, now, I have asked for you to be here for a deal..."

I waited for the King to keep going, clinching both of my fists until my knuckles turned white.

The King rose up from his chair, his hieght, wow was he tall! At least 6'4. "A deal for a release from the arena."

"Yeah," I said. "What deal?"

The princess had tugged on his sleeve and he bent down as she whispered something in his ear, the King shook his head and straintened, "Not now" he whispered. "Ill have to talk to your mother the Queen about that," the girls face reddened but she didn't argue back.

"What do we have to do?" Layne ask. "I'm not one for games right now."

The King luaghed, "My, is your Roman so pure, but, you also sound like a forein language is trying to over come you, are you also Egyptian?"

Layne shook his head, "No, I'm -" I seized Laynes arm, my grip making him yelp a little, but he jerked away,

"Were many things your highness," I said quickly, Laynes jerk made me wince, he must of forgotten about my shoulder.

"As I can see," the King said, as he rubbed and pulled on his beard.

"Enough small talk," Layne said. "What's this deal talk about?"

The King chuckled, "Well I believe I've already told you about that deal."

"No, no you didn't," I said .

"Oh, but I believe I did, I said and I quote, A deal for a release from the arena."

"So, what kind of deal?" I ask.

"Now, how about we talk about that tonight? Over dinner?"

Me and Layne look at each other then back at the king.

"Say no more, we'll be there, well where ever there is," Layne says.

"Great," The king said. "Now guards take them to their room."

"Room?" I whisper to Layne.

Layne shrugged his shoulders. He was probably just as confused as I was.

Then a few seconds later I heard the creaking of the bug doors opened behind us.

"This way," A gaurd escorted us as we turned around and headed out if the door.