Chapter One

Tony and Nick watched as two of their agents were training. One was clearly older than the other but was just as experienced.

"She's getting better." Nick commented.

"She's been training here since she was thirteen." Tony chuckled.

"Twelve years now, huh? She's a fantastic agent. I just never thought you'd let her come work for us. It's just a shame you won't let her out on the field with us though." Nick told him.

"It was always her dream. But with all these problems going on in the world and other worlds, I can't risk losing her." Tony explained.

Nick chuckled as they turned back to face the two and watched as Tony's daughter strategically took down the other agent. She got back to her feet and helped the agent up. When she looked out the window, she smiled brightly and waved at Tony.

"When is her next test?" Tony asked.

"After lunch. Has she stated any other symptoms?" Nick inquired.

"Not lately. I still don't get it. Alice has always been perfectly healthy. Why now?" Tony told him.

"Well, we're certain it isn't anything deadly. She has no sign of malformations or tumors. Nothing of that sort. But many of the other agents have noticed that she's been getting incredibly stronger in just a few months." Nick explained.

"I hate having to put her through all these tests. If you can't find anything, why can't you just leave her be?" Tony inquired.

"What if it's something serious? What if it's something no doctor has encountered yet? You and Pepper would want to know." Nick told him.

"She has stated that she has some pains in her abdomen but nothing serious. They come and go every few weeks." Tony added.

Alice and Natasha exited the training room and Alice made her way towards Tony.

"Oh, did you see me? I think I did much better than last week." Alice told him.

"It was impressive. Now, go cool off and have some lunch. You have tests afterward." Tony smiled.

Alice nodded her head and slowly walked off. When the door closed behind her, Natasha gave Tony a look and sighed.

"She's training six hours at a time and she's never exhausted or runs out of energy. Are you sure you can't find out what's happening?" Natasha questioned them.

"Fitz and Simmons are doing the best they can." Nick replied.

After lunch was finished, Tony and Pepper walked with Alice to the testing rooms.

"I don't know why I have to do these. They can't find anything wrong with me. I'm energized. That's good, not bad." Alice told them.

"But there has to be a reason for your abdominal pains and blinding migraines. It's not normal for someone your age." Pepper explained.

"I'm twenty-five, mom. Anything could happen at any age. But I feel perfectly fine." Alice said.

"Please, just do these tests for us. We would hate to have you stop them and then get horribly sick." Tony explained.

"Alright. I guess it wouldn't hurt." Alice sighed.

She opened the door and Fitz and Simmons greeted her with smiles.

"You can-"

"I know what to do." Alice interjected.

She laid herself down on the table and Simmons took her vitals and began her blood test. When that was finished, they sent it to the lab. Fitz took her temperature and listened to her heartbeat and lungs.