Chapter Twenty-Seven

The following morning, Loki awoke to find Alice awake and looking up at him. She smiled brightly and waved quickly as he got adjusted to the morning light.

"Good morning, Loki." She greeted him.

"Good morning," He replied. "I hope you had a good birthday yesterday."

"Oh, it was the best I've ever had." Alice giggled.

She leaned forward and laid a quick kiss to his lips before rolling out of bed and walking to the bathroom. Loki sighed and stretched before getting out of the bed and making his way to the bathroom. He saw Alice starting the shower and walked into it once she got in.

"Loki, what are you doing?" She asked, raising her brow at him.

"Just want to help you shower, that's all." Loki replied.

"No funny business?" Alice narrowed her eyes at him.

"No funny business." He grinned.

Once the two finished showering and drying off, they had a small breakfast and headed over to the palace. When they walked down the street, Alice felt her heart stop for a second feeling Loki take her hand in his. She felt the blush rise to her cheeks. Once inside, the two parted ways. Alice went to the training grounds with Brunhilde as Loki went to complete his duties for the day alongside Thor.

In his small office, Thor entered and Loki bit his lip as he kept his eyes on the documents out in front of him.

"What do you want?" Loki inquired.

"I just wanted to check up on you." Thor replied.

Loki immediately dropped what was in his hands and looked up at Thor with his brow furrowed.

"You never just want to check up on me." He spoke.

"That's true, but it's usually because I have to or mother made me because you did something foolish with your magic." Thor explained.

Loki chuckled as he remembered the memories before standing from his seat and walking around the desk to face Thor.

"What do you want?" He inquired, crossing his arms over his chest.

"How are you and Alice?" Thor replied.

Despite being caught off guard by the question, Thor noted the smallest smile appear on Loki's face.

"Things are fine with us." Loki told him.

"Oh, come on, Loki! Don't you remember when we used to tell each other everything that would happen between us and a woman we were seeing? I'd even give you tips sometimes," Thor reminisced. "Things must be better than just 'fine' since it is almost been a year now since you have met."
Loki grinded his teeth together as he glanced over Thor's face.

"Now, really tell me how you both are." He sighed.

"Alice and I are...really fine." Loki smirked.

Thor rolled his eyes and threw his hands into the air causing Loki to laugh. When he heard him, he realized it had been the first time, in a long time, since he had heard him genuinely laugh. Loki had laughed as he remembered that would always be Thor's response when Loki gave very little details. He remembered their teenage years and how fun it was for them. And he had to admit, he was grateful for some of the tips Thor provided him.

"Fine! I'll tell you the truth." Loki scoffed.

"Finally." Thor raised his brow at him.

"I very much enjoy her company. We love one another. What more is there to say?" He told him, holding back.