Chapter Nine

Loki pushed Alice back and furrowed his brow as he looked at her face.

"Are you alright?" He inquired.

"I cannot believe you've been through all of that. You died. You actually died. I felt it. I felt everything you felt. I felt it all. All of it." Alice explained to him softly.

"How do you feel now?" Loki asked.

"I don't know." Alice shook her head.

Loki sighed as he put his head down and Alice wiped her eyes as she looked down at him.

"Anything else?" She asked.

"After that I disguised myself as a guard, went back to Asgard where I met back with Odin and banished him to Midgard, stripped him of his powers, and put him into one of those care homes for the elderly. From then on, I used my magic to make myself appear as Odin and I ruled for four years. It was a lot of fun really being the king and having so many people look up to you. To honor 'Loki's legacy', I had a statue of myself built. But, soon enough, Thor returned and figured it out. He told me that he needed to find Odin since he had been plagued with these images of Asgard in flames. I took him to our father who ended up in Norway. There, he told us that we had another sibling, a sister who was Odin's first born." Loki continued to speak.

"Why would he ever keep something from you like that?" She asked.

"She was named Hela and given the appropriate name, the Goddess of Death. It turned out that before any of us were born, he had her and they pillaged the other realms bringing destruction and people to their knees. However, soon after, Odin found love in our mother and knew he had to be good and wanted diplomacy and peace in Asgard. However that was not what Hela wanted. As her violent and deadly behaviors became too much, Odin had her locked away and the only way she could be released was through his death. And on Norway, he forgave me for my crimes and passed on. Hela had been released and began to bring destruction to our realm as she destroyed Thor's hammer. But I had caused Hela's arrival. If I hadn't cast Odin to Midgard without his powers, he wouldn't have died and she wouldn't have come. She then cast us into a strange world called Sakaar. We had been there a week and I earned the leader's favor as Thor had to battle Bruce in a fight since he had somehow gotten there after one of the missions with the Avengers. There, we planned our escape, met a Valkyrie, and I only betrayed him once which ended up in me being electrocuted, but that doesn't matter."

She chuckled softly and bit her lip as she urged him to go on.

"We all then made our way back to Asgard and battled her as we evacuated the realm. Thor knew that in order to defeat her, we had to bring back to god of the underworld, Surtur. He had to destroy Asgard and bring about Ragnarok to end her life so all would be well. And so he did. Hela was defeated and all the civilians were safe. Thor was made king and we then decided it was best to bring our people to Norway where we last saw Odin. I did everything I could to help him. I had done so much wrong, I just wanted to do something good." Loki finished.

"Why did you decide that you'd tell me this tonight?" Alice inquired.

Loki kept his eyes on the floor and hesitated to speak.

"Loki? Why?" She exhaled sharply.

"I felt I had to." He replied.

"Loki, what is it you're not telling me?" Alice asked.

Loki slowly turned to look up at Alice and she smiled weakly at him. He furrowed his brow as his eyes widened softly.

"How are you not disgusted by me?" He inquired.

"How can you ask me such a thing?" She retorted. "You could never disgust or horrify me in any way. In fact, I admire you even more than I already did."