Chapter Thirty-One

A few weeks later, Loki awoke to find Alice resting on top of him with a huge smile plastered on her face. He moaned softly as he adjusted to the light of the room and chuckled seeing her looking up at him.

"Happy anniversary, darling." He mumbled, pulling his pillow over his face.

Alice laughed lightly as she took the pillow from his hands and chucked it across the room.

"Happy anniversary." She whispered.

She leaned in close to his face and laid a kiss to his lips, earning a small groan from Loki.

"Three years, Loki." Alice beamed.

Loki helped Alice move on to her side of the bed as he sat up against the headboard.

"Anything planned for us to do?" She inquired.

"No." Loki replied quickly.

Alice furrowed her brow as she watched him get off the bed and walk to their closet.

"No? But we usually do something. Or are you saying no because it's a surprise?" She asked him.

Loki turned back around and shrugged his shoulders before walking in to the closet. Alice narrowed her eyes and got out of the bed, following after him. She watched him get dressed from the doorway and as he was putting on his pants, Loki looked over at her and smiled.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Are you certain you have nothing planned for today?" She retorted.

"I thought we would just have a normal, relaxing day together." Loki told her.

The two stared at one another before Alice pulled back and nodded her head.

"Okay." She said softly.

Loki watched as she grabbed her clothes and exited the closet to change. For most of the day, Loki and Alice were apart as he was helping Thor with matters of the realm and she was busy training with Brunhilde. She noticed Alice was a bit more aggressive than usual but decided not to bring it up. By the end of the day, Alice waited in the main hall for Loki to come so they could walk back together, however, when she saw Thor walking towards her, she let out a sigh.

"Where is he?" She inquired.

"He's just finishing up some paperwork. He didn't want you to wait so he sent me to ensure you got back home safely." Thor replied.

On the walk back, Thor began to speak after a long awkward silence.

"He also did tell me he needed you to do some things." Thor said.

"Like what? Clean the house? Cook us dinner?" She grumbled.

"He said he needed you to put on your best dress." Thor told her.

Alice stopped in her tracks for a brief moment before letting a smile appear on her face. She then quickly cleared her throat and nodded her head.

"Alright." She replied.

When they got to the house, Alice quickly washed herself and got herself all dressed up. When she opened her front door, she was met with Brunhilde's face instead of Thor's.

"What are you doing here?" Alice asked.

"Loki requested that I escort you to him." Brunhilde replied.

Alice tried her best to hide her smile as she nodded her head and followed Brunhilde out the door. After a few moments, Alice caught on that Brunhilde was leading her towards the cliffside down to the shore. Upon reaching the steps, she looked out towards the shore and could make out a few torches that were lit around a small table that Loki was standing next to in his ceremonial attire. Once on the sand, Brunhilde took her leave as Alice walked over to Loki.