Chapter Five

Jerome smiled at the girl slowly wiggling her hips in front of him. The song ended and she stood up.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"It was good. Especially to somebody like me." He said winking at her.

"How about we take this up to your office?" She asked with a sly smirk rubbing up and down his chest. He looked at his watch.

"I got the time." He said leading her up to his office.

"Grace, you can chill. You will look fine." Asia said. "I will slay you." Grace paused throwing clothes out of her closet to answer.

"Well help me find something to wear. He'll be here in an hour."

"A hour?!" She panicked and they both started throwing clothes around. "Here, go take a shower and wash your hair and I'll continue to look."

"Ok." Grace went into the bathroom and Asia went through her closet. She finally found a pink dress that was perfect.

"Grace come out." She said.

"I'm washing off." She told her. Asia opened the bag she brought with hair stuff in it and set it up.

"Ok let's to this." Grace said coming out in a towel. "Leave so I can get dressed."

"Ok. But don't put your dress on yet. Let me do your hair first." Grace nodded waiting for her to leave.

Asia did just that. She slayed Grace and Grace looked absolutely stunning. They were so excited and Grace was anxious. She actually had a date. That wasn't there on time. But she didn't get discouraged. Until, it turned from 30 minutes to a hour.

"Don't worry Grace." Asia said rubbing her back. "Maybe Veneer was right. I think he would've been here by now."

"Maybe he's just late." Grace said. "I don't know. Why would he ask me out and then not show? He said he liked me."

"He also could be lying." Asia said. "Well, let's go get you cleaned up."

Grace's feelings were hurt. She thought she actually had a chance. However, Jerome wasn't even thinking on it. After having sex, he fell asleep and forgot. He went ahead with Grayson and them to the drop.

"Dude, pass the blunt." Chris told Frank.

"Man I'm not done yet." Frank said.

"What happened to your date?" Grayson asked. "I thought you couldn't come."

Jerome remembered. "Oh yeah. Whatever. I'll make it up. I had some good sex that ran into when I was supposed to pick her up anyways. Then I fell asleep. So I'm here. I'll text her later."

"Dude she's not going to forgive you." Frank said. "You should just pay up now."

"No, I'm going to come up with a good lie so she'll forgive me." He said.

"We will see." Jerome rolled his eyes. He thought about using the 'something came up', but that was too broad. So he kept thinking.

Grace cried herself to sleep that night. That was the only date she'd ever been asked out on and she vowed to never accept another request.

The next morning, a Monday morning, a school day, the worst way of the week, etc. Whatever you want to call it. Anyways, Jerome woke up without it a care in the world. He knew how he was going to make it up and what he would do to make her forgive. After getting dressed and eating he drove to school. He didn't want to be there, but his grades needed the attention. He walked in and got settled in with his regular crew waiting for Grace. She usually came through this hall in the mornings. Once he saw her he pushed himself off the wall and walked over to her lightly tapping her shoulder.