Chapter Eighteen

"Where's your boyfriend?" Kelly asked Grace. She agreed to meet him at the park two days after they met and she smiled.

"Out of town." She said.

"I didn't know that was your type." He said.

"What?"

"You know, Thugs with they pants sagging and no future." He said. "That type. You don't need that."

Grace giggled. "He's really sweet and it's not like he's done anything bad to me."

"He doesn't have to for you to leave him." Kelly said.

"I'm not leaving my boyfriend." Grace said. "End of conversation."

"Alright. I respect a loyal chick, but does he respect you?"

"Yes he does." She said. "He's loyal as well."

"I guess he's the full package then." He said looking off to the side.

Grace grabbed his face and made him face her. "Are you in your feelings?"

"Naw man." He said with a white smile. "I was just thinking about if you were mine."

"Are you gonna let it stay a dream?" He shook his head.

"You'll be mine. Sooner than later." He said trying to lean in on her quickly. Grace laughed and jumped back. "I'm just kidding. I can't make you date me."

"At least you know." Grace said standing up. "You'll give me a ride home?"

"Sure." He said standing up. "What you doing Tuesday?"

"Nothing at the moment." Grace said getting in his car with him.

"Well, me and a group of friends are going out and I was wondering if you'd go with me?" He asked shrugging.

"Awe, I'll see what I can do." She said running her fingers through her hair.

Grace saw her brothers car and say up following it with her eyes. "Man, that's my brothers car. I haven't seen him in weeks."

"That was your brother?" She nodded. "Real life?"

"Yes, he's grown and he doesn't come around." She groaned. "Man, I wanna talk to him."

"Text him." Grace frowned.

"He won't give me his number. He said it's for "safety reasons". I've asked him multiple times already. So now it's just I see you when I see you type thing."

"Yall got the same mom or something?"

"Mom and dad." Grace said. "He's my full brother."

"Ok. You look like an only child." He said looking her up and down. "Like your parents don't have anybody else to spend money on so they give it to you."

"No my brother bought me these clothes." She said. "At the beginning of the school year."

"You got any other siblings?"

"No, you have siblings?"

"Four." He said holding up a corresponding hand. "Yeah two older brothers and two younger."

"Wow." Grace said laughing. "I wanted a younger brother so bad."

"I wanted to be an only child." He said.

"Well, I've been an only child for 5 years." Grace said. "Yeah, about that long. My brother is basically disowned."

"I don't like my siblings, but I love those little mothafuckers." He said shaking his head.

"I wanna meet them. How old are they?"

"25, 23, 12, and 9." He told her pulling up to her place.

"Hug ok." Grace said getting out. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem. Anytime." He said driving off. Grace went inside and took her shoes off.

"Grace is that you?" Her dad asked.

"Yeah!" She yelled coming upstairs. "Need something?" She asked coming into his room.

"No. I'm fine sweetie thank you." He said. Grace nodded and left going to her room.

Jerome smiled and kissed some girl behind the ear. "So what to tryna do today?" He asked.

"I don't know. Got any suggestions in mind?" She asked twirling her hair and smiling.

"Yeah," he looked her up and down. "Me."

"Mmm, I like that one." She said moving closer to him.

"I knew you would." He said moving closer to her neck. Jerome was slapped in the back of the head and he jumped up angrily.

"Nigga sit ya dumb ass down. You aint gonna do shit." Cole, Jerome's homeboy said.

"Man what the fuck?" He asked wrapping his arm around the girl again. "What you want. I'm busy."

"I want your dick." She whispered in his ear grabbing it. "One more year."

"Wait." Jerome said. "What man?"

"Come on." Cole told him. "Let's talk."

Jerome rolled his eyes standing up and following him. "Man stop cock blocking. I'm tryna get some pussy."

"I don't give a fuck." He said. "What did Chico want from you?"

"How you know I went to see Chico?"

"To don't answer a question with a question. Now answer my question."

"He just wanted to trade. Why?"

"Because he owes me some money. What y'all trade?"

"Some weed for some girls." He told him.

"Girls?"

"Yeah, like he got some new girls and he sold them to us." Jerome said. "My girl fine as hell."

"Jerome you have horrible taste in women. So imma just assume she's ugly as shit." Cole said walking away.

"Fuck you." He said flicking him off and leaving also. When he came back his girl was gone and he growled. "Fuck!" He yelled.

"That's what you get. You got a girl at home remember." He said. "She was ugly anyways."

"Stop hatin!" Jerome yelled. "My girls not ugly."

"Prove it." Cole said stopping and crossing his arms.

Jerome pulled his phone out and unlocked it. "That's the girl I just bought." He swiped. "That's my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" He asked. "What happened to Monica?"

"I left her for Grace." He said. "The only downside is she not fucking."

"Is she worth the wait though?" Cole asked.

"Yeah 100 dollars." He said. "Worth every cent. I swear she got the best pussy."

"Well she is pretty sexy, but the other one ugly. What's her name again?"

"Don't worry about it." He said.

"Well you only tryna fuck her. I wanna start something."

"Naw." Jerome said shaking his hand. "Not happening."

"Cock blocker." Cole said shaking his head.

"Don't try to turn this around on me." Jerome said.