Home

A month later, my heart gets broken.

Me and Louis have been continuing, probably more than ever. We do it everywhere, including my room. He falls asleep on my bed a few times, and I watch him as he dreams. He's so annoyingly beautiful and he doesn't see it. Like always, I fall asleep and he ends up in my arms, making it awkward in the morning.

I'm struggling at Uni, failing some assignments because I literally think about nothing else other than Louis.

This morning, I lay on my bed, thinking about how good Louis looked last night when we fucked right where I lay. I can almost taste his lips, feel how his hips felt when he rode me, could almost feel the grip on my hands from him keeping my hands above my head. He came so well, collapsing onto me, allowing me to fuck up into him to make him do it again. I came so hard I could barely breathe.

It made it worse from how I had to hold him to fuck him, feeling his soft skin, how warm he felt. His heavy breathing into my neck, and how well he fit into it.

I'm hard thinking about it, making me stare at my cock. Really? Louis is still asleep.

My phone buzzes next to me, making me quickly grab it. Mum?

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, baby," She answers. "How are you?"

I lay back. She sounds okay.

"Yeah, 'm good," I half lie. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," She replies. "I need to talk to you about something."

I frown.

"Okay." I'm confused.

"I have cancer." She says, and I sit up so quickly, my head spins.

"What?" I say, stupidly.

"It's - it's not bad, but I will be ill for a while. The doctor says I'll have to be off of work, and I can't afford to pay for my bills," She explains. "He says its breast cancer - but it's treatable."

Cancer?

"You won't be able to afford your rent?" I choke.

"Well, no," She sighs. "I'll need time off because of chemo and-,"

"I'll come home," I reply, quickly. "I'll come home and I'll-,"

"No," She whines. "Don't quit Uni for me, H. You only have a year left."

"I'll transfer," I panic. "I just can't have you on the streets because of this mum."

"Oh, H," She starts to cry. "You're so good to me."

My throat tightens.

"Please don't cry, we'll get through this together, yeah?" I struggle.

"Okay, baby. I'll ring you later, okay?" She sighs, obviously still crying.

"Okay, Mum." I reply

She says goodbye before hanging up.

My mum has cancer? Cancer? This is horrible. I have to pack, I'll have to tell Louis-

Louis.

My heart shatters even harder than it did when my mum said she had cancer. Because I knew that what happened between me and Louis would have to die.

I wouldn't see him again. His beautiful eyes. His laugh. His smile. Hear his voice. Him talking to me every day.

I struggle to breathe because this hurts. I've never felt like this about anyone. I need to tell him, to tell him I'm leaving.

Hearing a spoon against a bowl in the kitchen makes me realise he's awake, and I stand up, determined.

I get out of my room, popping my head in. He's facing away from me, his shoulder muscles moving when he eats, his hair beautifully messy. My heart aches.

Just tell him. Get it over with. End it.

"Louis, I have to move back home." I call over to him, barely recognising my voice. Get it together, Harry.

His spoon crashes loudly, echoing in the kitchen, before he fumbles to pick it up. His head whips round to me, his blue eyes wide and full of shock, and something else before looking back to his cereal.

"Oh." He sounds upset.

"I'm really sorry, it's late notice but-,"

"No, its - it's okay, I can afford it, don't worry." His voice is tight. This feels awkward.

How do fuck buddies say goodbye?

"Oh, good." I breathe. This is hard.

"So, when?" He asks, looking back at me again, the sun behind his body. Fuck, you're so beautiful.

"The end of the week." I admit.

I can see him freeze, he didn't expect that. The quicker I do it, the easier it'll be on my heart.

"Oh, okay." His voice is quiet, swallowing.

"I'm - I'm gonna go and pack." I panic, because I think I'm going to cry.

Getting in my room, I drop to my knees, sobbing hard. This hurts. It hurts so much.

Hearing Louis' bedroom door slam, makes me jump. Is he angry? I don't know what to think right now.

Does he care I'm going? I shouldn't be thinking that, this was an agreement. No strings attached.