I Time Travel For Love (chp.2)

I Time Travel For Love chp.2

The next morning I woke up feeling rather giddy. I looked at the clock and saw that it was six in the morning I figured I would take a shower and go downstairs for some tea. I grabbed a pair of blue jeans and a purple tank top. I went into the bathroom right across from my room and locked the door. I turned the shower on and it was so cold so I had to wait a bit for it to get warm. When I got out I quickly dried off and got dressed. I didn't wear much make up just eye shadow and black eyeliner. I threw my dirty clothes in my room and shut the door. I went downstairs and noticed that there were suitcases in the living room. My first thought was Mike! I went into the kithen and found him sitting at the table drinking coffee reading the paper.

-------------Mike-------------------

I was reading an article they did on The Moonbel, a ship I helped design with my colleague Ricardo Moon when I saw her. She litterally took my breath away. She was so beautiful just like I always knew she would be when she got older. She's always been beautiful though her soul was the most beautiful. She looked straight into my eyes and I felt a stir in my stomach that schocked me.

"I can't believe your here! You came I haven't seen you in three years you meanie! Why didn't you ever come to see me? You knew I would come." She said with hurt in her eyes. "Well hello to you too Annie." I said and I leaned in to hug her. She smelled so sweet like sunflowers she alwas reminded me of the summer time. I also noticed that she had curves in all the right places. And that made me come back to reality and I let her go hastily. "I'm sorry I just would always get excited to see you and they would tell me you weren't coming because you were too busy being a scientist and hooking up with girls in college." She said and giggled. "Well the first part was right. The second part? False. I bet Josh told you that." She nodded. "So where were you anyway? They always told me someplace different." She asked as she started to set the kettle for tea. "A nice planet I'd like to call mars." I said seeing her eyes widen. "Really?!?!? Oh my gosh how cool!" She yelled. We sat talking in the kitchen for a long time about mars and I answered all of her questions. She was always such a free spirit it made me smile when she talked.

-------------Annabel--------------

As I was talking to Michael I noticed that his eyes werent the same. They were still a dark blue that made you feel like you were swimming in the ocean at night with a full moon, but they didn't seem as full of life and hope as they used to be. As I was thinking this Simon walked in to greet his son.

"Hey Mike how are you doing buddy?" Simon asked. I excused myself to go into the living room and do some reading for school. I was always gone during winter break, but if it was time for me to go back my mom made up an excuse to my school. This time it was I had bronchitis oh well. As I was reading Josh was coming downstairs looking groggy.

"Hey beautiful. What are you reading?" He said sitting next to me on the couch. "Just text books for school I don't want to get behind and not be able to graduate." I said. "I take it Mike is here?" He said looking at the luggage. "Yup he's in the kitchen if you want to say hi." I told him. "Nah I'll let him say hi to me." He said. I sighed and got back to my reading. Josh and Mike didn't rally get along ever since they were younger. "So how was your year? Do you have a boyfriend yet?" He asked curiously. "No I'm not talking to high school boys Ive decided they all suck and just want to get in my pants." I said rolling my eyes. "Why did one of them try something on you?" He said with concern in his eyes. "Yeah but I didn't let him I left him in his fancy beemer and walked home." I said. "That ass if I were there I wouldve..." He was cut off by Simon and Mike coming in the door. I was instantly weary I didn't like it when they were in the same room together. "Hi Josh still trying to get Annabel to be your girlfriend I see?" Mike smirked. "Oh whatever she's already my girlfriend and has always been." He said putting his arm around me. Mike looked at us with his deep blue eyes and I could have sworn I saw jealousy? It was so hard to tell. "Oh yeah he's the love of my life." I said and kissed Josh's cheek. I was trying to act serious to see if I saw the jelousy in Mike's eyes or if I was imagining. Instead, I saw anger. "Congradulations you two whens the wedding?" Mike asked with a little shake in his voice. Josh started laughing and I couldn't help it any longer and laughed also. "He's just kidding. In his dreams i'm his girlfriend." I said in between giggles.

We were still giggling when Mike left muttering something about going for a walk. Josh and Simon looked puzzled, but quickly brushed it off and got the playing cards out for a futuristic game of poker. I told them I was going to get some more tea and went into the kitchen. I saw him from the kitchen window walking into the forest. I decided to grab my sweater and follow him. I needed to know why he was acting so different and why his eyes looked so empty.

----------mike----------

I needed to clear my head so I decided to go for a walk. Why did I feel jealous? I always knew I had feelings for Annabel, but not those kinds of feelings. I never thought I could ever feel like this after...Emily. She tore me up and broke my heart, infact I wasn't even sure I had a heart until now. Maybe they were just brotherly feelings towards her and I knew Josh was a jerk and didn't want her to get hurt. I sat on a cold log brooding when I heard footsteps behind me. I thought, great who followed me Josh? I pretended not to here the footsteps and continued sitting there and someone sat next to me and I could smell sunflowers in the middle of winter. Annabel she came. I panicked, did she see the jealousy in my eyes? I thought I was great at hiding my feelings, obviously not.

"Hey Mike what's wrong?" She asked in her warm concerned voice.

"Nothing just felt like coming for a walk." I said not looking at her. I couldn't in fear that she would see I was lying. I was never a good lier around her. We sat in silence, not awkward just peaceful silence until I noticed she shivered.

"Your not wearing a futuristic sweater. Your cold." I said.

"Oh just not used to cold or snow you know? I am from the desert." She smiled, her angelic smile right when I looked at her. I couldn't help it I grabbed her waist and brought her closer to me and kept my hand on her waist. She rested her head on my shoulder and my heart ached. We sat in silence again for a while. What were these feelings? She is turning seventeen tomorrow and I'm twenty-two.

"Can I ask you something mike?"She asked hesitating a little. What was she going to ask me? Did she know? Was I just over reacting?