VI. The Worry Wart

Seokjin dragged his feet down the main hallway of Bulletproof University. He didn't have any classes with Hoseok today, which was kind of sucky. What's even suckier is that he always passes Namjoon's classroom on the way to his other classes. Therefore, he has to see his stupid ugly face.

"What, no insult," Professor Kim taunted the silent Jin, who walk past him without a single glance. The teacher couldn't help but assume that Jin found out the truth and was now avoiding him. But, clearly, that's not the case.

The bell rang and the door was slammed closed right in his face. Jin was late for class for the first time in his college life. Unfortunately, at Bulletproof University, once the door closes it doesn't open until the class it over. No exceptions.

With nothing better to do, Jin made his way outdoors into the campus courtyard, slumped down beside the cement fountain that's shaped like a fish, and cried. Crying in public isn't usually something Jin would do. Then again, Jin isn't his usual self today.

He wasn't his usual self the next day, either...
Or the next... Or the next.

The man lives in his car and survives off of bread and water because that's all he is able afford. He can't just go blowing his money off on food all the time; not anymore. He has to budget in order to have enough money for gas. Hoseok sneaks him into his house at night so that he can shower and brush his teeth, but that's it.

Usually, Hoseok's parents would be happy to take him in. Jin's father just so happened to inform them that Jin is a homosexual, and they're not very accepting of that, either. It's not that they hate Jin. They just don't want him to influence Hoseok. Nothing about his life is usual anymore.

On the bright side, since Hoseok now knows that his parents aren't accepting of gays, he won't make the same mistake Seokjin did.

It was strange that Jin stayed silent with Hoseok in the hallway, and it was strange that Hoseok had also been a little less bubbly than usual. It's especially strange that the Kim SeokJin entered Topics in Food Marketing without saying a word or sparing a single glance at his 'ugly' teacher. His face was completely void of all emotion. In the last couple of days, Jin has cried so much that it has drained him of all his energy. His father absolutely hates him, and his mother isn't necessarily accepting of him. It's sad, really.

Namjoon sees the student's empty expression. He notices the slumped shoulders of the man that one stood up straight, tall and proud. Professor Kim feels the negative aura that surrounds Jin. Never has Namjoon, nor anyone else ever seen such dark circles under Jin's eyes.

"I'm serious, Yoongi-ssi!" Namjoon was desperately trying to make Yoongi understand the whole Jin situation as he paced the tile floor in the teacher's lounge.

"The man's fine," Yoongi nonchalantly replied, waving off Namjoon's irrational worries. "He is an adult, after all."

The worry wart took a seat across from the couch where Yoongi lay with his hands behind his head. "No, Yoongi-ssi, you don't understand," Namjoon began, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. "He hasn't been calling me ugly."

Yoongi gasped and looked at Namjoon in shock. "Really?" He propped himself up on his elbow and placed his other hand over his chest dramatically. "It must be really serious, then."

"Finally, you understand what I mean!"

"Actually, no. I don't. I just thought if I went along with it, you'd go away and let me nap," Yoongi grumbled, going back to his original position. Namjoon groaned and slumped back in the chair. "Here's an idea: confront him." Although his words were thick with sarcasm, Namjoon had to admit that it wasn't a bad idea.

Namjoon stood up and made his leave. Right before he opened the door, Yoongi called out his name. He hummed in response. Yoongi joshed, "Keep it professional!" Namjoon's face burned up at the thought of not being professional, and he left without another word.

Before Yoongi said that, Namjoon hadn't even though of having an unprofessional relationship with a student. In Namjoon's mind, a simple friendship between teacher and student is unprofessional. Now, Namjoon can't help but wonder if confronting Jin would be considered unprofessional.

Namjoon will need a professional reason to approach him, but what could he possibly come up with so early in the semester?