ii.

(A/N: the next person to try and correct me about James quidditch position, when it's clearly for the purpose of the story will be blocked

(A/N: the next person to try and correct me about James quidditch position, when it's clearly for the purpose of the story will be blocked.)

The next morning, Iris work the an empty dorm room. Hissing, she got up and grabbed her uniform. This wasn't the first time that her dorm mates had done this to her, Iris wasn't over exaggerating when she said she didn't belong, not even her own house were fond of her company.

Iris carelessly threw clothes all over the dorm, hardly caring for the mess she caused and considering it payback for Doria and Harper letting her sleep in.

Mumbling a string of complains to herself, she silently made her way into the great hall and on instinct, sat at the Gryffindor table. Sliding in between Sirius and Remus, she grabbed a muffin, chewing on it gingerly as the friends got into a debate about the upcoming quidditch match.

James arrived minutes after Iris, his messy bed hair immediately catching her eye. He looked heavenly.

His attention wasn't on the strawberry blonde sitting with his friends. It was on the one he thought of most, his dear Lily Flower. He found her absolutely intriguing, from the way she crinkled her nose at something she didn't like, or how she laughed or smiled at random moments. James was undeniably hooked on her. She had hair like a cascading bronze waterfall and her eyes twinkled brighter than most constellations.

If the Potter boy was anything, he was persistent. He was driven and if the boy wanted anything, he'd get it, and more than anything else he wanted Lily Evans in his life.

Clearing his throat, he made his way to his friends, sitting beside Peter.

"Morning lads, flower." He greeted them with a half-smile.

Everyone mumbled their greetings before continuing their conversation about the match.

"It's clear that Ravenclaw will win." Iris bragged, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

All four boys began to chuckle at the girl, before James tsked at her.

"Gryffindor will win, love." James drawled before Sirius added in, "We've got the best team undeniably, especially because I'm on the team. I'm the best beater Hogwarts has ever seen."

"Just because you two knuckleheads are on the team, doesn't make Gryffindor better. Ravenclaw may be high-strung, but we're brilliant at quidditch. I'll fly past you, while you cough up dust." Iris smirked, quidditch being one of the only things she enjoyed.

"She's right, you know." Peter added, cautiously, "She's great at quidditch and James and Iris are both seekers, so."

Iris smiled thankfully at the boy, before sticking her tongue out at Sirius and James.

"Hear that, lads? I'm great at quidditch." She gloated, smiling at the look on the boys faces.

"How about we talk about something, more, I don't know, educational?" Remus suggested, "What about astronomy?"