xix.

Harry James Potter was born a few months ago, on July 31st of 1980, bringing major joy to the order of the Phoenix and in particular, the Potter family

Unfortunately, some weren't as lucky, Marlene McKinnon dies last month, and her unborn child did not survive either, Sirius was heartbroken to say to very least, it was painful to watch a man in such a way.

Harry became the beam of light in the dark, and he was ultimately, a sign of hope. Iris would barely let her child from her side however, afraid that Voldemort would come and take what they had worked so hard to keep; their family.

"How are you holding up?" Remus asked the strawberry blonde, as he held a young Harry in his arms.

Remus yearned to have a child, but he'd never allow a child, his child in particular, to be like him, being a werewolf is a curse and he wouldn't wish it upon his worst enemy..

"We're okay, Remus. Thank you for sticking around." Iris thanked the boy, squeezing his forearm lightly, as she folded the now cleaned clothes beside her.

"After all the times you lot have helped me out, this is nothing." He assured tiredly, the full moon was coming soon and it was wearing the boy out faster then it ever had before, the extra stress was unhealthy, but it wasn't preventable.

Just last week,Not even last week, the remainder of the McKinnon family had been murdered, hurting people even more, as loved ones kept dying and no one could do anything to stop it.

A frantic knock at the door startled them, as Remus gestured for Iris to take Harry quiet, and hide in the next room.

Remus steadily made his way towards the door with a raised wand, the knocks being more frantic. Looking through the peek hole, he was it James and Sirius, who he let in, immediately when lowering his wand.

"You both gave me a heart attack." The werewolf breathed, shoving his hands in his pockets, as Sirius looked the door behind them.

"Sorry lad." James said with a shivering Sirius beside him, the pair looked equally shaken up.

"How was the raid?" The boys frowned at the question, causing Remus to quirk an eyebrow, "What happened?"

"We lost Frank and Alice Longbottom today." James sighed, clenching his fists at the mere thought.

"They're dead?" Remus gasped, feeling his heart sink.

"No. It's worse." James spat, shaking his head, "Death waters cursed the Longbottom's so badly, they couldn't even remember their own names. We dropped them off at Saint Mungo's."

A gasp echoed through the room, and James looked to see his partner, shaking, tears in her eyes.

"We're next." Iris breathed, realisation weighing in her mind, holding onto Harry tightly.

"No." James spat, engulfing his family in a hug, in as little as a heartbeat, "I will protect you both with my dying breath. I promise you."

"Promises can always be broken, James." Iris murmured, fear evident in her voice, "I doubt Voldemort will care for our promises."

Sirius watched the pair frowning before clearing his throat, and gaining their attention.

"As long as I'm secret keeper, you'll be safe." Sirius said honestly, his chest tightening with fear, "I would die before losing you all."