viii.

It was a few days before Christmas, leaving the majority of people in a hype, but not all

It was a few days before Christmas, leaving the majority of people in a hype, but not all. Iris Evans and James Potter had both been down since their collision on the train three days ago. They had been mopping in a time of celebration, causing people to notice.

In the Evans household, arguing was a bonus guaranteed between the three siblings. Lily, Iris and Petunia, had been at each other's throats, the young Ravenclaw in particular, increasing the severity of her aggression due to the influential pain she felt.

The twins, more than Petunia, had been belittling each other, taking a stab whenever they could. Lily was annoyed at her boyfriend, James', attitude when he had met her on the train that day, and with little to no hesitation, Iris received the blame for that too, even if it was partially her fault.

In the present, another fight had arise din the household and without either Evans parent in the building, the fight continued to escalate.

Voices continued to rise as the twins argued about a very specific topic, once again, to Iris' dismay. They were fighting about James Potter and his behaviour.

Petunia sat to the side, exhausted, despite her own arguments with the girl's, she found their little spats to be overbearing.

"I've had it up to here with you," Lily hissed at her sister, showing example of how annoyed she was, using her hand as a gesture.

"That's your issue, Lillian." Iris retorted, crossing her arms in defiance, "He's your boyfriend, so perhaps instead of grilling your sister, discuss this nonsense with him?"

"Oh, please," Lily scoffed, "You act so innocent, like a god damned saint. I'm not the only one to see you for what you really are."

"Please enlighten me, what exactly am I?" Iris hissed, stepping forward, advancing on her sister.

"You're a conniving, pathetic excuse for a person, and it's clear by any means that you don't belong in Hogwarts, you parade around with those boys like you're invincible, but you're anything but." Lily smirked, feeling satisfied with her response, as she watched her sister falter slightly.

"I'd rather be that, than a sorry excuse for a sister." Iris spoke calmly, surprising the pair of them, "I'd rather be whatever the hell you think I am, than what you are, Lillian."

"Do tell me," She drawled, her anger rising, "Treating your own boyfriend like garbage, is that a defence mechanism or it is it your idea of a good time?"

"And once again, this leads back to James." Lily screeched, taking Iris and Petunia by surprise.

"You started this argument about him, in the first place!" Iris fumed, her fists curling, "Don't you dare try and turn this around on me!"

"Are you that thick?" Lily sassed, a hand landing on her hip, "This started because whatever you said to him, left him that shaken up, he would barely speak to me."