v.

Since the moment of their reunion, everything was back as it was

Since the moment of their reunion, everything was back as it was. James and Iris were back to being two peas in a pod, sticking with the normal routine of their life.

Iris helped the boy study in their spares, until James got bored and tried to win his way into Lily's heart, and once he again failed, the girl would pat him on the back and teach him about their next Defence Against the Dark Arts essay.

"Better luck next time." The girl would tell him, with a forced smile, averting her gaze back to her heavy textbooks.

It was currently Sunday, meaning the group had the day off to do whatever they pleased, as long as it was legal, of course.

The group was located by the edge of the black lake that afternoon, relaxing in the crisp air, that was slightly cooler than usual that day.

Iris was rested against a thick tree, with the muggle book, 'Alice in Wonderland' resting in her clammy hands. James was beside her, reading the fairy tale filled pages, his head laying on the girl's shoulder.

Background noise was basically minute, besides the slight rustling of the leaves, water rippling from the small fish inhabiting the lake and the typical arguing of Remus and Sirius, with a timid Peter Pettigrew, throwing in his opinion every now and then.

"Sirius! This is astronomy, not a huge joke." Remus grumbled, in frustration.

"I want a star named after my left butt cheek, Remus! It's not a joke," Sirius simmered, before adding, "If it was a joke, I'd name it after my right butt cheek."

"I don't think that's allowed, Sirius." Peter's squeaky voice trailed off, him finding Remus' aggression intimidating and not wanting to see more of it.

"So, I can't name it after chicken or my butt check." Sirius groaned, "What good is a star if I can't name it whatever I want!"

"You're literally named after a constellation!" Remus added, shaking his head gruffly.

"Well, that wasn't my decision, Remus." Sirius frowned, "You make me sound narcissistic or something."

"That's it." The werewolf yelled, standing up abruptly, knocking Peter's hot chocolate onto the Black boy's lap.

Remus, smiled in satisfaction, sitting in a new spot further from Sirius, whilst Peter tried to fan his crotch, much to the boy's dismay.

"Peter! I think I have it, thank you." Sirius groaned, shaking his head at his stained denim jeans.

Iris and James turned to watch the scene unfold in front of them, the commotion being amusing to behold.

Sirius ran off, with Peter on his tail, apologising profusely.

The area again returned to a peaceful quiet, the pair giving all their attention to the muggle fairy tale, whilst James played with a stolen golden snitch in his hand.

Iris furrowed her brows, turning to look at the boy's hand, encased around the object. 

The ghost of a smile on the boys lips, was enough to make her melt inside, this was the effortless beauty that the boy possessed.

"What are you looking at, love?" His voice rang, the girl immediately turning a shade of red.

"It was nothing." Iris mumbled, turning her head.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Iris." James mused, grabbing the girl's chin, making her face him, "I'd steal glances at myself too. I am, after all, devilishly handsome."

"You arrogant sod, James Potter." Iris croaked playfully, pushing at the boy's chest, "If you must know, I was looking at the snitch."

"What about it?" James asked quizzically, "Its just a snitch."

"Exactly!" Her voice rung, "So why are you so attached to it?"

"Who said I was attached to it?" James sat up, brushing himself off, almost defensively.

"No one had to, you always have it on you." The girl pointed out, nodding in the direction of the thing, "I pay attention to the smaller details, you know."

"Okay," He smiled lightly, "Maybe I like having the damned thing on me. Is that an issue?"

"I was just simply curious, Jameson." The wind grew stronger, filling their ears with the sound of rustling of the tress.

"Some things are better left unknown, my little flower." James smiled, shoving the snitch in his pocket.

He wouldn't dare tell her where her had first acquired the snitch, or why it meant so much, but perhaps one day, she would know.

______

The great hall bustled with student activity at dinner that night, the people being rowdier than usual as they spoke of their days.

Iris was making her way towards her common room, when a slender hand grasped her arm, making her turn startled.

The familiar face matched with the bronze waterfall of hair, met her eyes.

"Lily!" Iris groaned, "You scared the living day lights out of me."

"I'm sorry." The twin ran, leaving Iris almost shocked at the positivity dripping from her sister at the seams.

"You seem to be in a great mood." Iris pointed out, making small talk, as she rubbed her arms.

"Well, I have had the best day." Lily smiled, biting her rose stained lips, "I now have a boyfriend."

"So, you've come to gloat, or tell me to inform James to back off?" Iris asked, tired of her sisters odd behaviour.

"That's just the thing," Lily smirked, her eyes glistening, "This is about James."

"You're dating James?" Her voice rang softly, words getting caught in her throat.

"He is such a sensational kisser," The twin boasted, hardly caring as her sisters face fell in defeat, "Why didn't you tell me to get with him ages ago?"

"How foolish of me." Iris whispered painfully, wanting nothing more than to hide in her sheets and disappear.

"I'm so happy, why don't you look happy for me?" Her sisters usual attitude resurfacing.

"I'll take good care of him for you, rest assured." Lily added for good measure, rocking on the balls of her feet.

"I better get back to James." Lily turned, calling over her shoulder, with a wicked wink, "Have a great night, sister."

Iris stayed frozen in her spot, ice seeping through her veins.

Now, that he finally had her, he'd never let her go, and that's what hurt most of all.