xiv.

Iris and James were walking down the hall leading into library when Sirius came sliding in between them, interrupting them for the 7th time that very week

Iris and James were walking down the hall leading into library when Sirius came sliding in between them, interrupting them for the 7th time that very week. Sighing, James turned to his best friend.

"Padfoot, aren't you sick of third wheeling all the time?" Iris nodded in agreement, before adding, "I'm starting to feel like I have a second boyfriend."

Sirius rolled his eyes while chuckling nervously.

"What do you mean? I'm not a third wheel, me? Pfft, absolutely not, I do not 'third wheel', and honestly Iris, I'm just, y'know hanging around till I find someone better than you."

Iris looked at the dark haired boy, trying to keep an amused look from showing at seeing how nervous Sirius suddenly had gotten. Iris turns to look at James

"James, if I didn't know any better, I would think that our little Sirius needs a girl of his own, and Paddy, please, I bring beauty to the friendship, you won't find anyone better than me." Iris teased dramatically while she exaggerated her words with a hair flip, feigning confidence.

James scoffed at his two favourite people. "Sirius? With a girl? That's ridiculous, he can barely take care of himself let alone keep a girlfriend."

Sirius gasps at James's words, "I can absolutely keep a girlfriend you ninny, why any girl would love to have me, the amazing Sirius Orion Black, as a boyfriend."

Hearing this, Iris snorted and covered her mouth to stop herself from cackling with laughter.

"Fine then Siri, if you're so 'amazing', how about you get yourself a girl right here and now?" Iris challenged the boy, smirking in the slightest.

Sirius looked between the two, furrowing his eyebrows and pouted with his nose pointed in the air.

"I don't have to prove myself. Now, what are we doing today?" He said bluntly, while leaning against the library doorframe, with his arms folded in front of him.

"Well, Pads. Iris and I are leaving, and you are going to find new friends." James said casually with his hand still laced with his girlfriends.

Sirius immediately straightened up with a defensive look on his face, "But.. but... James."

"No Siri, James is right, this has to stop." Iris stated sternly, trying not to look directly at Sirius for she knew that once she saw his puppy dog eyes, she would give in.

Sirius frowned, cleared his throat and straightened out his uniform shirt.

"Fine, its fine. You watch, I'll get a girlfriend and then I'll rub it in yours and Remus's faces, you'll see, you'll all see." Sirius dramatically ranted.

James and Iris, who had joined hands again, rolled their eyes at their melodramatic best friend.

"That's good Pads, how about you go sweep Marlene off her feet then?" James asked with a smirk, while nodding his head towards the blonde girl sorting through the bookshelves close by.

Sirius shuddered and made a gagging sound. "Are you stupid, why on bloody earth would I even speak to McKinnon?"

"Because, Marlene is a beautiful and lovely person?" Iris quirked an eyebrow at the boy, shocked by his repulse, most boys idolised Marlene.

James laughed and slightly pulled Iris behind him, knowing she would attack Sirius, if he insulted her friend once more.

"Love, calm down, Pads is only saying this because McKinnon doesn't fancy him, or even find him remotely attractive." James explained, laughing at the situation.

Sirius gave him the most offended look Iris had ever seen and scoffed at James.

"That's not true, have you seen me? Everyone finds me attractive" Sirius raved, crossing his arms.

"Right." Iris drawled. "Except for Marlene."

Sirius pursed his lips in annoyance before sighing.

"Y'know what? I'm going to prove you wrong." He said determined.

The couple laughed at him, knowing this was going to be a moment worth watching.

Iris spotted Marlene making her way over to the study tables that were only a few metres away from them, she pointed her out to Sirius with an amused look.

"Well, she's right there. So, get a move along, Black."

"Fine, I will." Sirius took a hesitant step towards the direction of where Marlene was, no doubt mentally giving himself a pep talk to psych himself up. And without another word, Sirius swaggered his way over towards the unsuspecting blonde.

The couple watched the scene unfold as Marlene, hearing footsteps, looked up at the dark haired guy and raised an eyebrow. He leant up against the bookshelf next to the table she was at, and gave her his signature smirk.

Iris and James snorted back a laugh at seeing the blondes reaction to their "charming" best friend.

Marlene looked him up and down distastefully and gave him a fake but polite smile.

"Is there something you needed, Black?"
Sirius licked his lips before giving her another smile.

"Only for you to save me from drowning in the blue ocean that is your eyes." Marlene inwardly groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Bloody bullocks. Leave me alone, Black." The girl hissed, rolling her eyes again.

"But, Marlene. Darling. You can't resist this." He said as he gestured his hand to himself, his 'oh so dashing smile' still planted onto his face.

"Bloody likely, I can." Marlene snorted in response, unaware that Iris and James were watching them, trying to hold in their laughter.

"Please, I already know that we'll name our first child Juliette." Sirius sat down next to her, near to no space in between them.

"You mean after that muggle girl who killed herself because of her undying love for that muggle boy she met two day prior?" Marlene asked, disgustedly.

"No..? I meant after my great aunt, Juliette." Sirius quickly speak up trying not to choke on his words.

Before Sirius could drop another pick up line, Marlene stood up and gave a fake smile to him.

"I'm sort of busy at the moment Black, can we postpone this act of torture for another day? Preferably when I'm dead?" She said sarcastically before sighing, picking up her things and walking out of the library.

"No, wait, I'll walk you to your dorm!" Sirius ran frantically after her.

"Leave me alone, Black. Bloody hell!"
Could be heard echoing from the hallway and at hearing this, Iris and James began cackling hard, having to hold onto each other when their knees gave out and laid on the floor howling with laughter.