x.

A few weeks had passed, since their arrival back at Hogwarts, and it was noticeable to many that things were in fact changing

A few weeks had passed, since their arrival back at Hogwarts, and it was noticeable to many that things were in fact changing. Whispers, and rumours thrived throughout the hall, some from sheer boredom or stupidity, but most were centred around fear.

Dark times presented themselves in the wizarding community and no wizard or witch, had been quiet the same when the terrifying news presented itself; Voldemort, He who shall not be named, was rising and was taking as many casualties as he pleased.

Students, and professors alike, couldn't sleep, couldn't close their eyes at night, due to the growing fear inside of them.

It was bigger than the Dark Lord rising, it was based on the fact that you could never tell who to trust, many falling in league with Voldemort.

Close friends became enemies, and if their family was unfortunate enough to join him, their children were plagued with the same misfortune, though some, would call it a great honour.

It caused everyone to become somewhat disconnected, distant and afraid, not wanting to trust due to possibility of losing those they cared about to he who shall not be named either in death or as an ally.

It was currently 2:15am, when Iris rudely awoke to four boys, dragging her to the Gryffindor boy dormitories, in a half asleep state.

The girl sat there, rubbing her eyes whilst listening to the boys rave about their new invention, a map, and how they needed the strawberry blondes help with the final touches.

They explained how it wouldn't be any ordinary map, it would be a map, concealed on a piece of parchment, with certain phrases to unlock the map or dishearten intruders. It was like blueprints, you could see where every single person in the castle would be, and how far their very feet could carry them. It was genius, to say the very least.

She was unsure why she was brought to help on this, mostly because it was Marauder business, something that she most of the time didn't have a major part in, but a certain two Marauders agreed that they needed her help.

"Wait," Iris began, rubbing her arms gingerly, in an attempt to stay awake, "You lot grabbed me out of bed at two in the morning, just to help on something for the marauders, which I'm not even apart of?" The girl raised her eyebrow, as the four boys exchanged nervous looks with one another.

"I mean, to be fair," Sirius rubbed the back of his neck, looking at her, "You are out unofficial fifth member."

Iris almost scoffed at the boys, growing annoyed with the entire thing.

"That still doesn't explain why I'm here now, at two in the morning, when this could easily be done at a reasonable time?" The girl huffed, turning to her left to see Remus sit beside her.

"This," Remus started, rubbing the girl's shoulder, "Its incredibly important to us, and, we need to do this now when no one is awake, and we can't bring attention to ourselves."