Hello Cross Academy

Edited 21 July 2017 (7/21/2017) 1114 Words

Y/N Pov

I look ahead at my new school which I was supposed to be joining tonight. Unfortunately, the gates are closed. How in the world am I supposed to get in? I mean, it wasn't like I couldn't just go home since the limo was behind me, but I promised to stay this year. I sigh as I study the gate. I quickly grab my luggage and hop the fence like a pro.

Looking back, I wave at my driver who was already starting to drive off. As I watch my only ride disappear, I feel a sudden sensation. A presence of a, dare I say, creature. I briskly wipe off the imaginary dirt from my white uniform.

"Are you the one who's taking me to Kaien?" I ask, my back still towards him.

Silence is followed for a brief moment before I turn to ask him face to face. I'm met with lilac eyes and silver hair, but it doesn't faze me.

"Are you?"

He nods, "I'm guessing you're Y/N L/N?"

I slowly nod. He starts to walk away muttering a 'come with me' as he goes. I slowly start after him. The more I look at him, the more I'm sure of what he is and what he does. I'm slightly surprised he hasn't figured me out yet.

As we walk, neither of us speak which only increases the awkwardness. It wasn't like I was much for talking, but it still felt weird. I can tell that it's going to be a long, long year.

~Time skip to Kaien's office~

"YYYYYYYY/NNNNNNNNN!!!"

I hear a screech as I'm almost knocked over by another figure. I laugh slightly as I hug back.

"Oh Y/N, I haven't seen you in forever! Why haven't you called to me?" the man pouts as he wipes away the fake tears in his eyes.

I deadpan, we literally saw each other yesterday. It hasn't even been a full twenty four hours for heaven's sake! I lightly push away from the hug and look at the man known as Kaien Cross. He's been my father's friend for years, and offered me a scholarship here at his school as long as I kept a promise.

I look out of the corner of my eye and notice the boy, Zero Kiryu I believe is what Kaien told me, was still standing in the doorway where we had left him. I quietly move my eyes back to Kaien who is now sitting in his chair. His cheery aura was clearly gone and a new, serious one took it's place.

"You remember your promise right?"

I nod as he continues to speak about the school.

"In the night class you will not be able to interact with the day class. The only time they are allowed to look at you is when the night class heads to their classroom. You will also work with Kaname as the female president of the dorm, since you are a pure blood."

I hear a sudden shift as a cold metal is almost pushed to the back of my head. I could feel the power of the gun affecting me. I quickly turn and disarm him before he could even react, taking out my own gun and pushing him against a wall.

"I wouldn't do that, Kiryu." I say, emphasizing his name with venom.

He looks down at me in anger, "What the hell is she doing with a vampire weapon?"

I smirk as I press harder against his neck with my arm. "You think every pure blood is out to get people? I personally don't tolerate vampires who kill humans." I take my hand that was holding the gun and tap the weapon under his chin. My smirk suddenly turns into a sneer. "I was robbed by you creatures. Robbed of my brother by a filthy level E like you."

His eyes widen, I could tell that he was surprised that I know what he was.

I chuckle lightly, "Yeah, I know exactly what you are. I can smell your stench from miles away." A moment of silence passes before I continue, "Tell me, do you really think that you can save everyone from yourself? By standing off in the corner, you'll suddenly be able to control everything? Do you really think that once the thirst hit's, you'll be able to control it?"

His lilac eyes stare into my own and I could tell I was starting to hit something.

"That's what I thought. I wonder how much longer it will be before you finally break..." I look down and laugh to myself as a tear slips down my cheek. My mind flashes to the moment my brother was attacked. How quickly that person went from innocent to a murderer. I was getting too emotional, but I had already invested myself.

I keep my head down, "Who will be your first victim? Kaien? Yuki?"

The moment I said it, Zero tries to push away, but I moved my arm down to his chest and drive him back into the wall. I hear Kaien start to mumble for me to stop.

"Ya know, I used to be best friends with her when she was younger. I'd constantly come over with Kaname. But one day I just stopped coming. I know she's still as sweet as she used to be, but alas, what can you do when a filth blood sucker can't control it, hmm?"

I look up at him, my cheeks streaming with tears. I grab his face tightly with my hand, the gun still under his chin. I lean into his hear, "I'll tell you a secret. All you gotta do when a blood sucker can't take the heat is...Bang."

The room stills as my rambling stops. Why did I do that? I quickly pull back from him and wipe away the tears, looking back at Kaien. He started to reach out for me, but I dodge it and reach for the white uniforms on his desk. I grab my luggage and head towards the door.

"I think I can find my way from here Kaien. I'll see you tomorrow morning for my text books." I step out of the room, slam the door and head towards the area of the night dorms. As I walk, a familiar scent passes me. Yuki. I can tell that once I passed she stopped and stared as I kept walking.

I head to the night dorms. I try to pick up my speed as the day classes should be ending in thirty minutes, and I would rather like to have everything set up before that. Hopefully I can finish this year quickly.

~*~