Chapter 14.

The second Harry opens the door, my mouth flies open and I shout, "What happened?!"

There are obvious bruises across his jaw, and he sports a grimace when he sees my distraught, furious stature. I eye him with an anger that was genetically passed down from my mother to me, and unfortunately for Harry, he will have to face the wrath.

I stand in the doorway, but he moves forward and shuts us out of the house. My suspicion is that Katherine is home and he rather not have her interfere. Still, my main priority is to find out what happened. I see that he walks slowly, injured most likely. My glower and clenched jaw are all he sees when he searches my face for some kind of avenue on how he should start without poking my flames.

"Babe--"

"Shut up. Just explain to me why you look like that, and why Casey has a broken nose and can't even pitch for the team anymore. And why Deborah nearly fought me herself in the UNI hallways!" I ramble loudly, impressively avoiding the need to stammer.

My hair is in all sorts of directions, I look a mess and I feel like one, too. I am sure Harry is horrified of me right now, by the way his eyes watch me cautiously and he stands awkwardly, trying to avoid the physical pain of the evidential fight he had with Cassiel.

"He punched me," he says softly, sighing through his lips. Green eyes searching me to see whether I've calmed or not. For now, I'm fine. But this is potentially temporary.

I frown deeply, stating, "That's not what Distraught Deborah said to me." Harry accidentally lets out a cute, little quiet chuckle, his lips curving up with amusement and I snap, "I'm not trying to be funny, Harry!"

His eyes widen. "I know, I'm sorry. But I'm telling you the truth."

"Why would he punch you?"

He doesn't respond right away. I raise an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms over my chest. Harry has never showed any qualities of being a violent person, but this turns a few bolts in my brain. I need to know Harry better. I need to find out what's going on with him. I've been avoiding upsetting him and forcing him to talk, but I don't know if I can allow that to pass by me any longer.

"You wouldn't understand," he breathes out.

I don't hesitate to speak. "Does it have to do with your dad? With the records you were caught looking at? That day after the lake, Katherine said that you got caught with police records and school records. Does it have to do with that?"

"What? No!" He protests, shaking his head. He then takes a couple of steps forward and grabs my biceps, his big hands able to get a good grip. I stare up at him, angry, but I can't find the energy to yell at him. If I want him to talk I can't force it out of him. "No...no. It was about my dad but not the records."

I surprise myself when my guard drops and I just feel my voice and strength droop down to the most sensitive and vulnerable I have ever been with a guy (and I vow it will never happen again), as I softly grimace, gently begging, "Harry, just talk to me. Stop being so vague. Please...I just need you to talk to me."

My gentleness surprises him, too. He frowns and gulps down his confusion and shock. In the way I was raised I find it hard to beg because it seems so meek and dreadful, but it is incredibly easy right now, especially because it was genuine and relating to him. And I'm slightly terrified.

Harry lets go of me and grabs my face, cradling me as if I was some porcelain doll. However, I know the second he says something I don't like I will transform from porcelain to steel.