Chapter 20.

A/N: the contact names for the text messages are what she has for him and what he was for her name. enjoy the chapter. shit is getting dangerous.

"I kinda miss you, already," I confess, the phone pressed up against my ear as the other half of my face is buried into my warm pillow. The curtains, thankfully, are closed and the room is dimly lit by the warm daylight that streams in regardless. No class today makes me happy, but I know I'm supposed to go shopping for a dress. This is Leeoni's daughter's wedding, and Leeoni being the party lover she is, I can already imagine it being grand and rather extravagant.

Harry's groaning and stretching on the other end, having woke up and calling me immediately. He's been gone for two days now. It's too early but he'd be training at the new stadium all day today, and since I'm busy as well, there was no better time to fit in an hour long conversation. I can picture him rubbing his tired eyes, wrapped up in the hotel bed sheets, staring at nothing in particular.

"Miss you, too," he lazily slurs, voice gruff, raspy, and thick with sleep. I hear shuffling, but only slightly. A teammate's voice in the back reminds Harry that they're scheduled to have breakfast in half an hour, and then it's off to train. Harry responds back with a low 'okay, thanks mate' and returns back to my call. "Are you still in bed?"

I sigh, staring at the wooden floors. "'Mmhm. I have to go dress shopping today for a wedding on Saturday. I really don't feel like going, but my mom likes to make plans without telling me," I ramble to him, and he listens quietly. "But, how's Florida?"

"Hot. And humid. We went out to eat as a team yesterday. Played at some arcade place. Nobody is allowed to get shit faced drunk, so the tensions are high," he retorts amusingly.

Smiling, I mindlessly brush my fingers through my hair, combing through the mess and deciding I need a shower immediately. "That sounds fun."

"It could be better..." He murmurs.

"Harry."

"What? Cassiel brought Deborah, who by the way, keeps glaring at me like she's planning my death," he tells me, sighing heavily. "And Liam brought his girl, too. A couple of guys brought their significant other, and long story short, I'm lonely now." 

"Stop making me feel bad for not wanting you to buy me a flight, okay? I'm so far up my own ass with the no one spends money shit on me," I pout my lips, cuddling closer to my pillow. "Plus," I add in a soft, purposefully sexy whisper, "I'll make it up to you."

Harry's quiet for a few seconds. "Tara, we both just woke up. You're insatiable," he mocks me, getting me to laugh softly. "But, fine, I won't mention it anymore."

"Thank you. I'll text you throughout the day. And I'll watch the whole thing on tv with my mom the night of the game. I'll be cheering you on, baby," I promise him. "And if you win...I know how we can celebrate."

"White lace," is all he says.

"For me? Or for you?" I tease, laughing when he groans and tells me to shut up. "You should probably get ready to eat breakfast with the guys."

He huffs softly, and I can imagine his pouty, pink lips. "Yeah, I should. Doesn't mean I want to, though."

"I don't want to go shopping either, but listen, we can get through this," I mused, deciding on sitting up. I snuffle out of the sheets, bare feet landing on the cool floorboards. My eyes rise to the ceiling as I stretch, huffing gently and yawning afterwards. "Go get ready."

"I'm too lazy," he argues.

Walking out of my bedroom and spotting my mom in the kitchen, I walk over to her and she immediately hands me my favorite cereal. Who has the time and the energy to make breakfast. As I'm reaching for a bowl, I tell Harry, "You're so difficult today. That's my job."