Chapter 4

My eyes glimmered at the sight of him. His hand shakily reached up to my face to wipe away the stray tears. I quickly took that hand and held it in mine, followed by a kiss planted on his cheek. Once I lifted my head, i saw his face light up and show I smile.

"Fuck-- Hunter! We need to get in some shelter. Let's go back to my house, we can--"

"We can't go back, Aurey. W-we need to go back up the hill, further in the woods to a hidden shed. It's safe there." He interrupted. I was about to protest until I really looked into his eyes and saw the fear and worry in them, and I knew I must do this for him.

"Okay, Hunter, okay." I replied as I got up. I gathered our things on one of my shoulders, and used my other free arm to try and lift him up.

That was a mistake.

He immediately cringed in pain at the motion of his body being lifted, and I set him back down gently.

"Hunter, this is going to hurt, but once we get there, I'll take care of you I promise. We can't get you better until you can get there." I said, squeezing has hand.

He groaned, however nodded his head understanding what to do. Together, I lifted him up with some of his help and started walking. With every step up the hill, I could see him holding back the pain, I could only imagine how it feels. The amount of weight on my shoulders seemed unbearable, but I wasn't one to complain as Hunter was in a much worse condition.

We finally made it to the top of the hill and walked straight into the woods. Hunter directed me as we made our way past every tree. I felt my heart racing in my chest, feeling scared of the dark surrounding us. Hunter was getting worse, he was coughing a storm and limping much more, if that's even possible.

I looked up in the sky and my heart dropped when I noticed that it turned from pitch black to a royal blue, indicating it was already starting to get light out. We must have been out here for hours walking until I saw the unfamiliar structure standing in the woods. It took my awhile before I even noticed it; it was so hidden.

My hope grew more and more with every step we took, we were finally here.