Chapter 8 - Long Lost Friends

Authors pov.

After breakfast, there was an alert. Everyone, except Y/n, ran to the lab to see what it was. Steve told everyone to suit up. Y/n didn't understand what was going on.

" Y/n, you coming? " Clint asked, she looks at him with a confused look.

" What do you mean, what's going on? " Y/n asked concerned.

Steve's pov

Y/n was confused about what was going on. Which understands since she's only known us for about a week or so.

" Y/n, you coming? " Clint asked her. She started to get concerned.

" What do you mean, what's going on? "

" Y/n we need your help. " Natasha started, " We're a group of heroes. We're the Averagers, we save the world, and right now Thor's brother Loki is attacking New York. So what do you say, you wanna join us? "

Y/n gave a little smile, the first time since she got here. Well, that was real at least. She looked back up at us and nod her head.

" Alright, let's go save the world! " I look at her with fear of what would happen if Loki got her.

We all got on the jet and set off to New York. I pulled Y/n aside to talk to her.

" Y/n we need to talk. This is a dangerous mission, so if you want to leave go ahead we won't say a word about. Okay? "

" Steve I get you're worried and concerned about me, but I'll be fine. I promise. "

I was about to say something, but I heard Tony knock on the door.

" Hey, Cap there are two girls out there fighting our fight! "

I look outside and saw the two girls. I recognized them from somewhere. Once we go off and I got a better look I realized who they were. They were my only other best friends, other than Bucky, Mara Tyler and Bucky sister Skyler Bell. They looked at the jet as it landed, then looked back and keep fighting.

Holy shit.

WORD COUNT: 427