1.

You've got mail!

The notification on Ethan's phone lit up. It was probably another spam message or those advertisements and some other newsletters that he subscribed to.

But no. It wasn't any of those. It was in fact an email sent by an unknown sender.

Well, it's not really unknown. The profile name is 'Daisy Ridley' and no way in hell would Daisy Ridley emailed him.

That's just straight up bonkers.

Ethan sat on his chair, staring at the unopened email on his phone screen. 'Who could this be?' He thought.

And for another hour or so, he didn't open the email. He was out and about. He was ignoring the email, trying to - sort of -runaway from it. That sounded ridiculous.

But he couldn't.

Because right when he stepped back inside the comfort of his room, curiosity got the better of him. He immediately opened the 'email' app and searched for the mysterious email.

There it is.

Daisy Ridley.

Or whoever is actually behind this. This can also be a prank.

The title of the email was ridiculous enough to spark his interest on reading it.

'This is A Letter, So Just Read It. Doesn't Matter Who Sent It'

That was the first few set of words that he saw from the email or letter. A modernize letter, sent through cyberspace. He then continued on reading the rest of the letter.

There was an attachment on the email. A PDF file with the title 'Ethan'.

He downloaded the PDF file and quickly opened it as soon as it finished loading.

He started reading again.

'Dear Ethan,

I hope you're doing fine. I'm writing you this because I want to forget about you. I want to move on from you and every little thing that you do.

I don't want to think about you when I fall asleep. I don't want to think about you when I listen to my music. And I don't want to think about you when I'm, well, not thinking about anything.

I want to move on from you, from all the little habits that you do.

That is why I'm writing this letter to you. I needed a way to get you out of my mind, and this was perfect.

A letter. A modernize love letter sent to my very first love.

And yes, you might actually be my very first love, Ethan.

I'm sending you this because I also want you to know - at least a little bit - about how I feel towards you.

After you're done reading this, you can conclude whatever it is you get from this letter. My feelings, especially.

And god Ethan, I've been crushing on you for three years now and I'm tired of it.

You're out of my league.

There, I said it. You are out of my league Ethan Sommerdale. I mean, you're in the lacrosse team for god's sake, and I'm hidden behind the frame of my glasses.

I want you to know that every time I look at you, my stomach started doing flips. My breath started to pace a little bit faster, just a little bit. And my mind went all fuzzy.

When you walk by, the world seems to be in slow motion. And everyone and everything else is a blur, except for you. That's how I felt for you.

And I can't reach you Ethan. Sending this email alone was hard enough for me because, I didn't plan on you to know how I feel. But I can't, and so I wrote all of these at 2 AM in the morning and sent it to you.

One more thing, I'm keeping my identity a secret. But I'll give you some clues in case you're curious, I'm a girl with glasses. I'm in the same year as you are. And I'm in the process of moving on from you.

- Anonymous.

P.s I might not reply out of the embarrassment that I need to feel for the upcoming years.

P.s.s I do like you and I do think you're a genuinely nice person.'

And so the email said.

Ethan was shocked and confused. Well, he was mostly confused as to why someone as nice as this person would send him this. It was weird for him to get something like this. Most of the girl that has gotten close to him only wanted to get inside his pants.

Which is ridiculous

But this girl. This girl with framed eyes. She is in love with him. Or was. She said she wanted to move on from him.

But who could it be?

And so, he replied to the email. He wanted to know who it is. Who is she and how she looked like. Why she told him all of these when she was about to move on.

Ethan started typing really fast. He wanted to reply as soon as possible.

'Dear Anon,

Who are you? What do you look like? Why can't I know you? Why do you tell me all of this, right when you're about to move on?

Why now?

Why not before?

Please reply to me. I need answers. I need to know who you are.

- Ethan.'

And it was a start of a weird summer vacation for Ethan. His mission was to find this girl, whoever she is in real life, and know her like he had never known anyone before in his entire life.

...