3.

Ethan woke up with a throbbing headache that morning. He couldn't really remember what he did last night with his friends. So he took out the tube of aspirins from his bedside table and gulped it down with the leftover soda next to his bed.

His room was a mess.

He would admit that one bit about his life. His life was an organized mess. Why? Because he could easily predict what's going to happen next after the previous shit storm. It was always like that for him, and he got used to it. It's actually a bad habit to get used to a messy life, but that's how Ethan roles.

He couldn't really move with that throbbing head of his, so he lied down on his bed.

It was summer vacation, that's why his mum didn't knock on his bedroom door yet. It was one of the privileges that she gave him during vacations, waking up late and lazing around. It was an agreement they made when he was 13 or something.  It's funny.

Ethan heard his phone vibrated on his bedside table. So he picked it up and checked his phone. It was a text from an unknown number, or so he thought.

It was from Daisy.

'Hey, is this Ethan? This is Daisy'

The text read. He could not feel any less than ecstatic when he saw the text. It was Daisy Ridley again. So he quickly replied to the text, like he always did with the emails.

'Daisy, I've missed you'

Ethan hesitated for a while. He contemplated whether or not to send that text to Daisy. Well, they just knew each other after all. He sighed and deleted the message and typed a new one,

'Daisy, how have you been? :)'

And now he's thinking whether or not to put that smiley face at the end. Was it too much? Is she going to get creeped out? But then again, isn't every high school boys creepy?

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and sent the text as it is. He couldn't believe that he's talking to a girl that wants him for... Him. Not a girl who wants to fuck and go. A reason to want to know her even more.

'I'm fine, thank you. How bout you?'

She replied. Ethan typed down his message,

'Not so good. I got a killer headache from drinking last night. Haha, don't know why I keep doing it'

Within seconds, Daisy replied to his message. It made him happy for a reason. Maybe it was the leftover effect of alcohol from last night that made him feel this type of way. His phone buzzed.

'Oh, get well soon. Did you take some aspirins yet? Did you eat breakfast? You should probably drink coffee, I heard it's good to get rid of hangovers'

Ethan smiled. She's fucking adorable, he thought. He can only imagined how sweet she is in real life.

'Thanks for reminding me. I've been lying on my bed since I woke up. And yes, I did drink some aspirins. Don't worry :)'

Ethan doesn't know why he kept on putting a smiley face at the end of his texts, but he sensed that Daisy giggles every time he puts that smiley face. Besides, it's pretty cute, you gotta admit.

And it was like that for a little while. Texting back and forth with Daisy. It was blissful for Ethan. He enjoyed talking to her so much that he doesn't want to go downstairs and miss a single text from her.

It was all new to him.

...