chapter 2

Stand with your legs a little apart al and brace your shoulders. That was my dad and he's training me. I'm now twenty years old and still can't forget seyi found out we were hated because we were necrominders, creatures of pure evil, pfffft.
     We lived in a large city with large walls and my father was the commander to the king.
    We escaped to this community 10yrs ago, the only place we were welcomed, where people like us lived in harmony.
   Hey stop day dreaming shoutedy father and he brought me down with a staff.
Oufff I said as the breath left me. Dad come on not so hard.
Well when we go out to fight,they don't care if they are being hard on us on not they aim to kill, UNDERSTAND.
Yes father, but does that mean I can go out for war next time.
NO.
But dad you said...
Forget what I said I finish you training.
Just then a guard entered and informed my father that the king needed his audience. And he hugged me and left.
    Garvish, garvish I shouted, hes my best friend and only friend here.
What is it al ?
This is it, the   time has come for us to go for war.
How'd u know he scoffed.
Because the king has summoned my father and whenever he summons him it's to get new recruits to go for war.
So, that doenst mean he'll let u go this time.
I hope he does, I'm twenty and others my age have gone twice already he can't protect me forever.
Yeah he can and you know it he replied I'm late for training bye.

    Dad I wanna go I gotta go.
Read my lips al- taschith zamohan.
You are not going anywhere.
But why dad? you can't keep me here training forever dad you can't I wanna go I wanna fight for us to protect us too.pls dad let me go.
No baby things out there are not meant for your eyes.
Meaning, what dad, I carried out the last execution yeah I think I can handle a little more blood.
That's different girl and that's final u can't go and you won't go. The end.

    Al  al al shouted  garvish through the door.
What's it garvish?
I was chosen al I was chosen.
I'm going to war.
Wow im so happy for u I replied dryly.
Come on al be happy for me begged garvish.
Fine yayyyyy I'm happy. I said, no you're not he replied, your sad didn't answer you did he?.
No he didn't he plainly said no garvish he said noooo.
I'm sorry al I'm sure there's a reason.
Yeah I'm sure there's a reason I scoffed but he won't see what's coming.
No way al no way I know that look and it spells trouble.
What look I asked sweetly.
That look he replied that look, what you have in mind this time.
Well nothing much I'm gonna sneak out with the next troop I replied.
  That won't work.
It will I replied firmly, it will.

Now remember people were going out of our comfort zones, its murder out there, you kill or you'll be killed, remember no one is our friend out there, my father kept on reciting the speech he usually gave when they were going out for war.
And I was standing beside gabby with my hair cut shorter than usual and my head bowed down. My dad thought I was sleeping at home but I was here secretly. And he finished the speech with a fight for us fight for home our motto.
And the gates were opened and we were inching out gradually until my father said stop, soldier 26 which was me. Oh shit I've been caught.
Your shoes untied he said and I breath out in relief and bent down to tie it up.
And then I was out.
I WAS OUT.
Freedom at lassssssssssst