Prologue

If you have not read Forever an Apprentice, I suggest reading that one first, this is an sequel to that story.
_______________________________________
THREE YEARS LATER

A figure paced in the dark shadows of the night. There had to be something done about this.

It couldn't stand. It was so infuriating. It was obvious what needed to be done. But it needed to be handled.... delicately.

Seeing Him in the hands of Slade was almost sad, and there had to be something done about it.

First an accomplice would be required, someone that knew Slade and Nightwing.

Just the right person had come to mind. But would the alleged accomplice be willing?

_______________________________________

Batman slammed the door behind him as he made His way into the batcave.
He rushed past Jason's Robin suit in the display case.

Oracle wheeled behind him as he sat down in front of his BatComputers.

Everything gone downhill for Him. It all started about three years ago. Robin went to the dark side as Nightwing, even after we saved him from Slade.

There wasn't much he could do about it. With no one to watch Gotham, he couldn't make trips to Bludhaven all the time.

After Barbara got shot and paralyzed, she became Oracle. Helpful, but not on the streets.

Jason died about 6 months ago.
Alfred had told me so.

I just didn't listen.

I robbed him of his childhood and it ended up getting him killed.

Now I was once again alone on the streets. Catwoman showed up to help sometimes, but she was helping herself more than anything else.

The Justice League was giving him a hard time as always and he just wanted to quit it.
But he knew he couldn't do that.

After the Titans Disbanded all those years ago, they went their separate ways.

But Starfire had recently returned to Jump City. She claimed there was no Mustard on her home planet and wanted to stock up.

She was staying with Cyborg, and had visited Beastboy, who had made a slight recovery.

Raven was still no where to be found. And maybe it was for the best.

A few Justice League members had offered to go to Bludhaven and stop Nightwing, but failed each time.

Knowing their every weakness,
Nightwing was ready for them.

It seemed all was at a loss. Little did he know someone, somewhere, was planing something that would change the whole playing field.

_______________________________________
Yes, that is a mystery POV at the beginning. You will find out who it is later. But feel free to guess! I changed the Time Jason had as Robin to 3 years instead of 5, like it is in the comics. Because five years was too long of a gap in the story.