Birds in the Night

In a dark city, far away from Gotham City, A figure paced in the shadows.

He needed a plan. It seemed almost impossible to get out of this one.

He knew what was coming. But he needed a loophole. He almost always found one when it came to this.

He just hoped this time wouldn't be any different.

He didn't have much time, at any moment-

"Nightwing!"

Nightwing looked up and sighed. He would just have to wing it.

"Here are the files. I assume you understand the mission." Slade said from behind his desk. He was sitting in a swivel chair and petting an orange and black cat in His lap.
The cat had a sliver collar with the name Wilson on a tag attached to the collar.

Nightwing nodded slowly as Wilson jumped up on the table and sat on the files.

Nightwing almost gave a small smirk as Slade frowned.

Slade rolled the cat over and Nightwing took the files.

"Go! Don't wait around here like I've got time to waste." Slade barked.

Nightwing turned and jogged out the door. He flipped onto the roof as he scanned through the papers.

A few things to accomplish tonight. Better get started.

Nightwing hoped across the buildings and suddenly thunder sounded through sky followed by a flash of lighting. Reminding him if Wally.

But now wasn't the time for such thoughts. He had to get to the downtown river. He just hoped he wasn't too late.

_______________________________________

"Have you seen the news?"

"I prefer not to." Starfire sighed.

"I guess it is pretty depressing." Cyborg flipped open a soda can tab.

"Have you heard from Raven lately?" Starfire asked hopefully.

"I'm sorry Starfire. No one has seen her since she left. I don't think she's ever coming back." Cyborg almost couldn't look at her.
"Have you been to see BeastBoy yet?"

"No not yet." Starfire frowned. "How is he doing?"

"He's making a recovery. But not a full one. The doctors say they don't think he'll ever be able to change into animals again. But he will be able to leave the hospital in a few weeks." Cyborg answered.

"But yet he is still green?" She asked.

Cyborg chuckled. "Yeah. Little dude is still green."

Beastboy had slipped into a coma a couple weeks after his accident and they said he may never wake up.

But by some miracle he woke up last month.
It was almost impossible. But somehow...
The Doctor said an angel must of came down and healed him because it was a miracle.

"Do you want to go see him? I'm sure it would make his day." Cyborg asked.

"Of course." She smiled but it quickly turned Into a frown. "If only Raven and Robin could come too."

Cyborg sighed heavily. "Me too. Me too."

_______________________________________

A girl in her School uniform watched A figure in a dark cloak approach her Private School.

She couldn't tell if the figure was Female or male. All she knew is that the figure looked dangerous. She watched quietly as the figure pulled a small device from the figures pocket and started tapping on it.

Her boyfriend would be here soon to go on a date. She hoped the figure wouldn't come over to her. She would call the police but her phone had died.

She saw the figure heave her shoulders as if she was sighing. She watched the figure flip up into the trees and disappear as her boyfriend walked up to her.

But as the figure in the dark cloak flipped out of sight, she saw a glint of Sliver metal armor under the cloak.

_______________________________________

"I thought you said the area was clear! I saw a girl sitting on the bench and I know she saw me!"

"Sorry boss, we didn't think she was threat."

"She could've called for help or the police."

"But she didn't." The henchman replied nervously

"Your right. She didn't." With a swish of the cloak it fell off the metal armor on the assassins shoulders as the henchman felt a sword to his throat.
"I guess I'll let you of easy this time."

"Thank you boss I-"

"Your fired." The sword dropped.
"Now scram."

"What? I thought you said-"

"I'd let you off easy yes. I didn't kill you, you should be grateful. You can live to be a henchman another day."

"But-"

"Get out of her before I change my mind!"

He saw a glint of his former boss's sword and ran for his life.

"Its so hard to find decent help these days." The assassin smirked. "But that's about to change."

"Can't wait to meet you, Miss Markov." Letting out a small laugh as the assassin closed the laptop lid with a smirk.

_______________________________________

"Ah Victor back again to see Mr Logan. And you brought a friend!"

"Kori." Starfire shook hands with friendly Doctor.

"Dr Richard." He smiled. "She's a keeper." The doctor whispered to Cyborg and Starfire giggled when Cyborg almost looked offended.

The Doctor opened the door and let them in.

"Hey Beasty...you awake?" Cyborg asked him as he rolled over and groaned weakly.

"Hey Cy....Starfire? Is that you?!" Beastboy sat up slowly.

"It tis." She bent over and gave him a soft hug.

"Its so good to see you." She smiled.

"You too Star." Beastboy yawned. "I don't suppose because you returned that means one of the others have?" He looked at her hopefully.

Starfire's smile immediately diminished. "Beastboy I'm sorry."

"It's okay. At least we know where Robin is." Beastboy looked out his window.

Awkward silence followed. But Beastboy couldn't stand it.

"Guys I have to tell you something." BeastBoy said softly.

"What is it dude?"

"Yes please tell us." Starfire said.

"You know how the doctors said it was a miracle I woke up from my coma?"

"Yeah so?..."

"It wasn't. I know what actually happened. And it wasn't a miracle." He said seriously.

"Then what was it?" Cyborg asked carefully.

"It was Raven."

_______________________________________
Dun Dun Dun!

Sorry this is so late I've had a pretty bad week. :/