F I F T Y

NOTE; press play on the youtube video and begin reading when the music begins. just trust me on this one, okay? i know it's annoying and all but please, just this one time, do this for me. i promise you won't regret it. 

FIFTY
B L U E

A lot of thoughts came through Artemis's head during that short walk of two minutes, in which she was trying to find that one painting. She knew which it was, but she had no bloody clue where it was. When she found it, however, she could feel a very cold wave going through her. Was she ready for this?

No, she wasn't. But she was never going to be, so she might as well do it right away.

Artemis and Thomas stood in front of the only painting of Art that wasn't completely random. This one was planned to perfection, during nearly two months. All her feelings combined into one single picture, and she couldn't even tell what it was. It looked like a rose, but it was blue - blue has always been her favourite colour. 

The entire piece was in different shades of blue, the rose made of words - words she could never say to Thomas, words that meant too much to her to be said. And the background - those were the clouds, really, or at least they looked the part. To Artemis, they were her mind - blue, because sometimes she thought in colours and that was how she pictured her mind whenever she thought about Thomas. 

This piece was for Thomas. She didn't think he knew that, but she did and that was why it meant so much to her. 

So, she and Thomas stood there, holding hands and looking at the painting representing her feelings for him - something she could never put in words.

"Do you know what this is?" she asked quietly.

Thomas thought about the answer. "A rose in the sky?"

Artemis laughed. He was so innocent. "No," she said, "it's you."

Thomas was quiet, but he did smile a little. "You said you never painted your life."

"I know. But this was special."

"I am special?"

"Yes, yes you are. You are very special to me," Artemis said. 

The two looked at each other and Artemis became aware of every fiber of her body that was touching his. Her eyes looked so blue - like the picture. And she could see why blue has always been her favourite colour, because blue was never just blue - blue was everything she couldn't put in words.

Thomas was staring at her like he could see something in her she never could. Beauty, perhaps. Or someone beautiful. But the way he stared was not uncomfortable the least, it was just right. Everything was just right in that moment and Artemis didn't want to move, ever.

"Can I kiss you?" Thomas asked; his voice was so quiet she wasn't even sure she heard him right.

She smiled and he began leaning in, his left hand on her waist and his right on her cheek - her hands were in her hair already. And when they did kiss, it began softly - very softly, like a snowflake - and turned into a flame, ending in a wildfire neither of them could've stopped. 

Thomas was Artemis's favourite piece of art.

[as some of you may ask if they had sex, it's up to you. if you want to think they did, they totally did! if not, ew ew why'd they do that, they don't know each other enough. your choice.]

[this was the last chapter. posting the epilogue very soon and don't not read it because it is very important and has a real ending.]