Chapter:6

Five years later
I sat in the front seat of dad's truck as we drove to the airport. We were going to NFR for the weekend. Dad was going to advertise his training business to the people there.

I was now in ninth grade and will be fifteen in a few weeks. Dad parked the truck and we got out. I carried my bag while dad carried his. Flying out today flying back Sunday. Did I mention it's three in the morning?

I yawned as dad got our tickets and we waited to board our flight. Once they called for our gate we quickly went through security and boarded. I plopped down next to the window and dad sat next to me.

Once the plane took off I had airplane mode on and my earbuds in. I slept most of the flight. Once we landed I went with dad to the baggage claim and we got our bags.

Dad rented a nice truck and we put our bags in the back. I climbed in the cab and buckled up. It was two in the afternoon and the trade show was still going.

"Dad can we go to the trade show?" "I don't see why not. Might find some cool things." "Yes." Once there I almost dragged dad in. We walked through looking at all the cool gear and tack.

"Ooh dad can I get this for Pigeon!" It was a light blue halter with a lead rope. "I think I can spend money on your horse and not break the bank."

Two hours later I had a tack set and a grooming kit all in light blue. Lastly was the horse blanket. "How about this one?" Dad asked showing me a light blue horse blanket with camouflage on the top part. I nodded getting a closer look. The smile on my face said it all.

That night I sat with dad close to the ring. "Up next is Mason Lowe." "He's good. Watched him as a young gun." Dad told me. "Dad I watched it with you." He chuckled and nudged me. "I know pumpkin."

Once the buzzer sounded the crowd erupted. The rest of the night was full of fun. Twice a year dad would spoil me with trips to watch the PBR season starter and NFR in Vegas.

We got to the hotel room and dad told me to get a shower. Once I was done I got in bed and dozed off.

 Once I was done I got in bed and dozed off

I got up before dad and got dressed. After I pulled my hair back dad was up. Mid forties and he still had his modeling career. He went into the bathroom as I started brushing my teeth.

After we were done getting ready dad got a call from a friend wanting us to join him for breakfast at the Hard Rock. So we met LJ and Rhett for breakfast. I sat across from Rhett as our dads talked. "It's been a while." He said.

"Yeah." "Have you been to the trade show yet?" He asked. I nodded, "Found anything cool?" "Definitely." I answered. "Some of those people come all the way from the east coast to sell stuff there." "If they shipped it then that would have been a lengthy drive."

"Yeah. Especially when you drive all the way from New York City to get here. You'd have to fly out or get a head start." He said. Our breakfast came and our dads really got into a conversation about the new riders this year.

"Are you homeschooled?" Rhett asked. "Nope not one year, but I'm advancing in math and reading in a public school." "How far did you get in math?" He asked. "Almost junior and for reading almost a college level." I answered.

"So you can graduate high school early if you wanted." He told me. "Guess I could. Once January hits I'll be in a junior college class for reading and English."

"You'll probably pass me in no time and I'm what four years older?" "Just about." I answered. He rolled his eyes and continued eating. After breakfast we went back to the trade show with LJ and Rhett.

I got signatures from several bull riders including Mason Lowe. They only recognized who I was after they saw my dad. I was Bonner Bolton's daughter, the only child he's ever had.

"Answer this for me it's one of your uncles." Dad told me handing me his phone. "Hello."
"Hey Belle is your dad there?" Uncle Brody said.
"He's talking to an old friend of his."
"Tell him to answer the phone when I specially call him."
"Dad it's Brody and he really wants to talk to you." I said handing him his phone. He took the phone and listened to what his brother had to say.

"Yes Brody I will........ Ok we'll stop by after we land in Dallas..... Fine...... Yes we're flying out after the round on Sunday........ Ok....... Bye." He said before hanging up. "Belle if he calls back don't answer. If grandpa calls answer for me." He said handing me his phone.

I looked at him weird before shoving the phone in my pocket. Brody called back as expected and I declined the call. Again he called I ignored it. He tried once more before the phone stopped ringing.

At lunch dad called him back while I ate lunch with Bella and JB while he was on the phone. Luckily this only happens once a year. Dad let me go with Bella to shop and gave me his credit card.

First stop was Boot Barn. I got dad a new hat and boots plus several pairs of jeans then I got jeans and shirts for me. I forgot that dad gave me back his phone until Bella got a call from her dad asking where we were.

"Not the first time it's happened." I told her. "And won't be the last." She added. We both giggled and went to the hotel. Our dads were waiting in the lobby for us. First thing I did was give dad his phone.

Hey it's another update!

So what do you think of the book so far?