Chapter:13

I sat next to Rhett while Bella sat across from him flirting. Pretty sure he was ignoring her. My phone went off just as a waitress brought our food.

'I told you to get on the first flight home and never to break up with me. I see the game your playing. Going for a famous bull rider instead of me. It's a pity that someone's going to be devastated in the end. Come back to me and no one gets hurt. P. S. I can see you from where I'm sitting.'

I looked up and turned in my seat. Across the room at a table was Thomas. He was glaring at me coldly. "You ok?" I turned back around and just sat there. "Belle." My mind raced back to all he did to me.

If I do go back it's going to be worse than before. "Belle." I excused myself from the table and hurried out.

Rhett's POV
As soon as Belle got up from the table I looked behind me to see a man get up and go out. Bonner had a menacing look on his face as he watched the man leave. "That guy has a lot of nerve coming here." Was all Bonner said before angrily eating.

Something didn't set right with me and it wasn't the food. I excused myself then went out following the man.

Belle's POV
"I told you this would happen." He said as I tried to unlock the car. Next thing I knew my back was slammed against the car. "Like I said before I explained clearly. You will never break up with me and you will do what I want when I want.

"That includes trips to places around the world." He had both of his hands on either side of my face. "Do I make myself clear?" I nodded and he shoved me down. Everything I do isn't the way he wants it.

I tried to get up but he had a foot on my ankle. "Not any fun is it?" I winced when he put more pressure on my ankle. He pulled me back up almost spraining my ankle.

"You know how I feel when you don't do what I want." He said holding my jaw tightly. "Nope never have. I've got my own life. Unlike you."

He threw me down again and kicked my stomach. I expect another kick but it never came. Using the car I got up and leaned on it trying to catch my breath.

Someone carefully helped me stand and held me up. "Come on let's go get some rest." I was helped into the passenger side and buckled. I looked over at who it was. Rhett started the car and drove to the hotel.

Once there he helped me up to his room. In the elevator he picked me up and carried me the rest of the way. He set me on the bed. "Here let me look."

I let him see the forming bruise on my abdomen. He got up and got ice then came back with an ice pack. "Does that feel better?" He asked laying down next to me as he set it on the bruised area. He pulled my head onto his chest and kissed my forehead. I fell asleep soon after.

Rhett's POV
I looked around the building for her. Finally I found her next to her car. The man that followed her out threw her down. He was about to kick her again when I shoved him away from her and knocked him out.

I went back to her quickly and helped her. If he ever shows up around her again I will make him pay for all he did to her. Once she was asleep on my chest in my room I took the ice off to check it.

I was careful not to hurt her when I put it back. Carefully I put two pillows under her head and got up to take her boots off. Once I did I check both her ankles and one was swollen.

I went and got more ice and came back to the room. I wrapped her ankle and made her more comfortable. Then I crashed next to her and pulled her close to me. I moved the pillows away and moved her head back onto my chest.

I drifted off to sleep not caring who walked in and found us like this.

Belle June Bolton

Belle's POV
The door slammed closed and I opened my eyes. Rhett moved his arm and I looked in the direction he was. LJ stood there like he wanted an explanation.

"Dad there is an explanation for this." Rhett said sitting up. "Please explain." My abdomen hurt as I tried to sit up. "My ex found me in Vegas and is wanting revenge because I broke up with him and now he thinks it's because I'm hanging out with him."

"I brought her here to take care of the damage that guy did to her." He told his dad. "And failed to let us know where either of you two were?" He quickly grabbed his phone. "Fell asleep." "Yeah. Both of us were worried sick."

LJ scolding me was like my dad scolding me. I took a deep breath and winced when my stomach hurt. The ice was all water now. I set it on the bed and left. Of course dad was waiting for me.

"Fell asleep. Nothing happened. I'm fine." I said then got clothes for a bath. I ran the hot water and stripped out of my clothes. After I pinned my hair up I sunk deep in the water.

My muscles loosened as I laid in the tub. After I was done bathing I got out and got dressed for tonight. Once I was dressed I stepped out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone.

Dad pulled his boots on as I walked out still hurting from lunch. After dinner I met Tandy and got started for the night.

"You ok?" Tandy asked. I nodded. "That would be a lie." I turned and saw Rhett standing there. "Can you check out her abdomen and tell me if that even looks normal?"

Belle June Bolton

Hey new chapter here hope you liked it.