ELEVEN

"Are you serious?" Hunter asked quietly. Barry nodded relieved that Hunter wasn't freaking out.

"So that's why you were gone for a month? Were you hurt or something?" Hunter asked, his hands running through his hair.

"Yeah I was banged up pretty badly. My cells were taking a long time to grow back. That's why I couldn't text you," Barry said. "I missed Daddy Hunter," Barry blushed.

Hunter gave a soft laugh, relieved that Barry was okay, and he wasn't ignoring Hunter.

"I thought you were ignoring me," Hunter told him, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.
"I would never ignore you on purpose," Barry responded. Should I tell him? I think I will.

"Hey I've got something else I want to tell you," Barry said.
"Yeah go ahead," Hunter said, taking a sip of his drink.

"I think I like you."

Hunter choked on his drink, wondering if he heard that right. Barry seized up, worried that he shouldn't have said that.

Hunter wiped his chin on his sleeve and met Barry's eyes. He smiled his beautiful smile at him, loving what Barry had said.

"I like you too. I didn't know if you were gay or not so I didn't say anything," Hunter said his smile getting bigger with each word.

Barry grinned down at his hands, relieved that Hunter felt the same. Hunter wanted to grab Barry's hand but he was too nervous.

Hunter looked at his watch and it read 12:47 PM.
"Shoot! I'm going to be late for my class!" Hunter said. He quickly got up from his stool and threw away his cup.

"I'm not going to get a taxi in time! My professor is going to be so mad," Hunter ranted, his hands destroying his hair.

"I can take you. Get on my back," Barry said.
"What?!" Hunter asked.
"Just get on my back if you want to get to class," Barry said. Hunter jumped on Barry's back and they zoomed out of Jitters.

Barry skidded to a stop once more and dropped Hunter off his back. When Hunter stood up he almost fell over from the sudden speed change.

Barry leaned over and kissed Hunger on the cheek.
"Better get to class or you'll be late," Barry said as he took off once more, leaving Hunter awestruck.

Hunter smiled and touched his cheek where Barry kissed him. Hunter slung his backpack over his shoulder and made his way up the stairs to class.

written: july 1, 2016