chapter 14

KAterine pov

      When Mark sat back down on his sit, i started to get nervous again. Mark saw that i was scared,  so he put his hand on top of mine and started doing little circles on my knuckles using his thumb. I gave a small smile and hoped that this dinner could faster.

       HIs father arrived and i immediately greeted him '' Good evening Mr Kingsley."  " Good evening to you too. Dont need to be so formal. Call me Chase and you are.... "    When i was about to introduce myself, Mark cut in and said " dad, this is my girlfriend Katerine.''

         My eyes widen when i heard Mark said that  i was his girlfriend. " OH, really. i didnt know my son was dating, hell i didnt even know my son will fall in love, i mean he did say that he will never fall in love after his mother past away and he saw how heart broken i was for almost 3 months. " Chase said thinking back to that period of time his wife past away.

       " Any way lets not bring up the past. So how long have you kids been dating ? " Chase asked trying to change the topic. " 2 days. " i answered shyly.  " wow..... That is short and i see you decided  to ' meet the parents', its so fast. but this only shows how much my son loves you. "  " BUT, if you Mark Kingsley dare to hurt Katerine, i will make sure you have a bruise on your face that will last 1 month and the same goes to you Katerine, i dont want to see my son get hurt again. Do i make myself clear? " Chase 's tone was so strict.

       " Yes sir, i wont hurt Mark and i can promise you that. "  I said. Mark just smirked after he heard my answer and he said " I prommise you dad that i will never hurt Katerine becuase she is my life." and with that Mark kissed my cheek. I swear that my face is tomato red by now.

      " I hope you both will keep your promises. Now lets eat first, i am starving like hell. Waiter ! " I smiled at how cute Chase was. After we order our food we chatted a bti and then Mark drove me home.

       On the way home, i remembered just now at dinner Mark told his dad that i was his gf, so i decided to ask " Mark, why did you tell your dad that i am your girlfriend ? "  suddenly Mark's face dropped and he looked sad  " I thought you like me ? "      "  I do but you didnt ask me to be your girlfriend, you only asked me to go on a date with you...."  

         I felt the car stop, so i looked around and found out that we have already reach my house.  Mark turned his head to face me and asked " Katerine, Will you be my girlfriend? "   "no."  i replied with a blank look, i mean yes i do love him but asking me to be his girlfreind in the car , outside my house, after eating with his dad, of cause no, i bet loads of girls will also say no.

     After i said no, i  opened the door, got out of his car and went home.