downtime

it's in our downtime i asked, "why me? i don't have everything."

she's sitting with a typewriter and a paper on a table in front of me. i clearly saw her head tilted up quite slowly.

"who wouldn't be swept off her feet to have someone who only plays words and not feelings," she said.

"...someone who keeps me like a thought he's been meaning to say," she added.

"...someone who warms me with the right lines weaved just through his mind," she continued.

"...someone who brings me to places only our minds could go to? these already are more than everything, dear. and, it'd truly be a lifelong legacy to spend my life and seize my days with someone who does things that'd outlive us and this universe of us."

my 2-sentenced question was catapulted with earnestness compelled through when the deep silence ensued.

and then all at once, i'm bereft of words.

i saw her head's now down, centered on working her craft. i tried so hard not to put on any tinge of emotion. i bowed my head instead, with an angle just enough for me to sneak a peek on her. i could still see through her hair, that dangles on her face, those cheerful cheeks now rose-colored and mounded up.

my insides went all perked up.

it's in that time i reckon and even more appreciate how encompassing and beautiful it was to really have someone who's in love beyond your covers, someone who's in love with your mind.